Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Jos Huybrighs 23 posts 55 karma points
    Jan 04, 2011 @ 14:47
    Jos Huybrighs

Best practise to start with "Runway Homepage"

It seems that with 4.5.2 problems come up when you start renaming the generated document types, etc. to something which makes more sense for your website, i.e. get rid of the "runway' tokens in the different names. I was wondering whether modifying these names is considered to be a bad practise? How do other people start development on their websites. Do they use runway? Do they change the generated names? It seems to be possible to create a new document under Content (i.e. at the same level as Runway Homepage) but it shows up as grayed-out. Would it be possible to assign the new document as being the page triggered by default.aspx and 'Runway Homepage' somehow show up as being inactive but still visible (so the developer can still look at it)?

Any insight on this is appreciated.

• Sebastiaan Janssen 5044 posts 15475 karma points MVP admin hq
    Jan 04, 2011 @ 15:47
    Sebastiaan Janssen

You can rename the document types, but the docType alias is referred to in different places, so you would have to check the XSLT macro's for those references. Also make sure to publish documents of the document type that you have changed, otherwise the old alias will still be in the cache.

Making a new document and having it greyed out is because it hasn't been published yet.

Sounds like you need a bit of guidance on how things connect together in Umbraco. Have a look at the free starter videos, that might clear up a lot for you!

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft