Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Graeme 3 posts 23 karma points
    Jan 16, 2011 @ 15:24
    Graeme

Installing XSLTSearch

Hi all,

I am about to implement search on a 500 page site that I developed with umbraco.

My umbraco version is 4.0.4.2 and I am farily sure that it uses the legacy xml format.

I think I need to instal XSLTSearch 2.8.

When I download the package to instal manually I see that it is called XSLTsearch_Runway_Module_2.8.zip.

Do I need to have runway installed to use this. How can I determine if I have runway installed. As far as I can remember I deleted all the runway content templates and document types before gonig on to build the site.

Should I just go ahead and upload this zip or will that cause problems for me.

Thanks for any guidance.

Graeme

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 10x admin c-trib
    Jan 16, 2011 @ 15:36
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Graeme

I'm pretty sure you don't need the runway foundation in order to install XSLTsearch 2.8 - I'm not sure why the 2.8 download is named thay way. Maybe it has to do with some bundling or something...

In the readme for the package it says: "XSLTsearch is available as a Runway Module as well as a full package for use in all your umbraco sites."

So you really should be able to use it as standalone like it's always been intended.

/Jan

• Graeme 3 posts 23 karma points
    Jan 16, 2011 @ 15:44
    Graeme

Yup, think it's time to go ahead and install and see what happens.

Thanks for your reply Jan.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft