Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Mysterious 20 posts 40 karma points
    Jan 17, 2011 @ 23:28
    Mysterious

Accordion in Umbraco 4.6.1

Hello,

I just download and install the latest release of Umbraco but I couldn't find the Accordion package

could you please help me!

• Kim Andersen 1447 posts 2196 karma points MVP
    Jan 18, 2011 @ 20:32
    Kim Andersen

Hi!

What's the Accordion package? Could you tell a little more about it as I'm not aware of that package and what it can be used to.

/Kim A

Jan 18, 2011 @ 20:46
    Mysterious

Thank you for your reply,

here is the property page of the package in Umbraco 4.5.2:

"

Package name
    Runway Accordian
    Package version
    1.0 Beta
    Author
    Per Ploug Hansen
    Package repository
    Package readme
    Accordian Navigation sample for umbraco Runway.

This gets installed as a new page under /accordian.aspx where there is also an overview of the different files and components used"
  • Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 10x admin c-trib
    Jan 18, 2011 @ 21:01
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Mysterious

Are you trying to find it using the repo browser in Umbraco? Maybe it's not there because it's not compatible with 4.6.1? (I don't know if this is the case as I have not checked though)...But if you can't find it in there something could seem like it?

/Jan

Jan 18, 2011 @ 21:22
    Mysterious

Yes I am trying to find it using the repo browser, the thing is I was going to publish my website using 4.5.2 ,but when I find out that new version has been released, I thought that it will better to use the latest version, and I contact my hosting company so they install 4.6.1,

could you please confirm that Accordion is not compatible with 4.6.1, so I will have to down-grade to 4.5.2?

thank you for your time

Jan 18, 2011 @ 21:26
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Mysterious

I'll make a quick install of 4.6.1 on my local machine to see if I can find the package in the repo browser.

I'll keep you posted.

/Jan

Jan 18, 2011 @ 21:33
    Mysterious

Ok, thank you very much.

Jan 18, 2011 @ 22:12
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Mysterious...

Come to think about it...it makes sense you can't find any runway modules in the 4.6.1 installaton since that was the old starter kit and with 4.6.1 we now have skins.

Therefore there are 4 premade skins to choose from during the installation, which I guess you have not seen since it's your hosting company that did the upgrade, right?

So I actually don't thin the accordion package is available to be installed anymore. But I think you should be able to implement accordions by yourself if you have some JavaScript/jQuery skills perhaps? I doubt that the package Per made is very advanced complicated...(No offense!) so I guess it should be possible to use something like the accordions in jQuery UI perhaps? http://jqueryui.com/demos/accordion/

/Jan

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft