Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Abdu 3 posts 51 karma points
    Jan 19, 2011 @ 20:19
    Abdu

Why is the store taking so long?

store.umbraco.org seems to be offline forever. Why is it taking so long to go online?  What is the equivalent of DNN's Snowcovered for Umbraco? Ok.. for the peope who don't know, what's the best place to find Umbraco modules.. preferably good free ones?

• skiltz 501 posts 701 karma points
    Jan 19, 2011 @ 20:25
  • Kim Andersen 1447 posts 2196 karma points MVP
    Jan 19, 2011 @ 21:38
    Kim Andersen

Hi Abdu!

You should really check out the link that skiltz mentioned above. In the package section you'll find plenty of great packages, ready for install. And most of then are free.

If you have a request for some special fundtionallity/special package, you can try to mention it here in the forum, or on Twitter, and then someone qill usually help you out :)

/Kim A

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 10x admin c-trib
    Jan 19, 2011 @ 21:50
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Abdu and welcome to our

What does the snowcovered package for DNN do? (I have never played around with DNN so I have no clue on what packages etc. are available for DNN and what the different packages do).

So if you tell us what the package you're mentioning is doing it's much easier to point you in the right direction :-) - But I guess you have already been checking out the project page that skiltz and Kim has already mentioned.

I think that the umbraco market place is launching within either Q1 or Q2 of this year...can't remember it exactly but I think it has been mentioned somewhere.

/Jan

• Richard Soeteman 4035 posts 12842 karma points MVP
    Jan 19, 2011 @ 22:03
    Richard Soeteman

Hi,

Store will be released this year as I remember even in Q1. It will not be as big as snowcoverd because there are simply not enough packages to sell at this moment, which is also great so you can view all packages within a few clicks. In the meanwhile checkout our.umbraco.org/projects as mentioned above most packages are free. Any particular package you are looking for?

@Jan, Snowcoverd is the store for DNN modules http://www.snowcovered.com/ 

Cheers,

Richard

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 10x admin c-trib
    Jan 19, 2011 @ 22:04
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Richard

Thanks - now I'm a little wiser on DNN ;-)

/Jan

• Richard Soeteman 4035 posts 12842 karma points MVP
    Jan 19, 2011 @ 22:06
    Richard Soeteman

Hi Jan,

This is all you need to know :)

Cheers,

Richard

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft