Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• iceoz 7 posts 27 karma points
    Feb 02, 2011 @ 18:47
    iceoz

I need some help plzzz

hi, i'm new in umbraco, just downloaded 2 days ago and tried to use the blog and nforum, articles, etc

i instaled the business starter kit and change the templates, the pages create my own page. the i began to see the videos. and try to install packages linke in the video. i removed the business starter kit and the skin. so a clear umbraco. and try to install blog4umbraco then i get a error in dictionary. so i reinstall the umbraco without any stater kit and again the same error. so i give up and go back to videos and see the nForum, they install fast and without errors. so why blog4umbraco don't install?

can i install blog4umbraco and nforum together

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 10x admin c-trib
    Feb 02, 2011 @ 18:50
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi iceoz

I'm asuming you have installed a v4.6.1 of Umbraco, right?

Can you perhaps post the error description you get when trying to install the bolg4umbraco package?

Did you create a whole new umbraco insallation, which was totally clean without any previous installed packages etc. new database etc. etc.?

Because there really should not be any issues on a fresh install.

Have you given the proper permissions for Network service and iusr on the root level of the Umbraco folder?

/Jan

• iceoz 7 posts 27 karma points
    Feb 02, 2011 @ 19:58
    iceoz

=) i remove the database and the project from my documents and works.

but is strange, before the reinstall, i had selected do not install starter kit and tried install business kit after the last instalation. then i remove the package of business and tried to install the blog and get dictionary key error when umbraco perform the instalation. really strange.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft