Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Kevin 37 posts 57 karma points
    Feb 04, 2011 @ 12:25
    Kevin

What forum module is the this site using?

This is probabaly a very simple question. Could anybody tell me what forum module is the our.umbraco.org using?

• Dan 1285 posts 3917 karma points c-trib
    Feb 04, 2011 @ 12:41
    Dan

Hi Kevin,

I believe it's a bespoke version of uForum.  uForum is available as a package, but doesn't contain all the functionality of our.umbraco.  nForum is a different package which may be of interest to you.

Hope this helps.

• Hundebol 167 posts 314 karma points
    Feb 04, 2011 @ 13:21
    Hundebol

Hi Kevin,

This forum is based on nForum, just released a couple of days ago (by Lee): http://our.umbraco.org/projects/website-utilities/nforum

Read the description yourself.

Best regards,
    Hundebol

• Dan 1285 posts 3917 karma points c-trib
    Feb 04, 2011 @ 13:38
    Dan

I think you have it the wrong way around Hundebol: "nForum is a simple forum package for Umbraco based on the current our.umbraco.org forum".  Our.umbraco was certainly here before nForum :)

uForum is an older forum project which I believe was the basis for our.umbraco - although many of the features (post editing, Karma etc) weren't in uForum.  nForum on the other hand is a new project which is aiming to bring about a similar (or even better) feature list to our.umbraco.  Correct me if I'm wrong Lee, but that's the gist I get.

Kevin, you might want to look into both uForum and nForum, but I suspect nForum is probably more inline with your requirements if you're aim is to build something like the forum on our.umbraco, because the feature-set at least should be more in line now.

• Hundebol 167 posts 314 karma points
    Feb 04, 2011 @ 14:18
    Hundebol

Hi Dan,

Of course you're right - but it doesn't really change anything for Kevin. (even though i revesed things) :)

He should still go for the nForum

What I should have said: This forum is a very custom made solution, but the newly released nForum has many of the same features as this forum. Therefore, if you want to build yourself a forum like this, your best shot is probably to download the nForum package.

It should be clear now :)

best regards,
    Hundebol

• Kevin 37 posts 57 karma points
    Feb 05, 2011 @ 04:30
    Kevin

Thanks everyone. I will try the nForum then.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft