Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• kalor 12 posts 32 karma points
    Feb 10, 2011 @ 00:05
    kalor

Does runway fit my needs?

Hi guys,

My situation: I'm an ASP.NET dev that has just built a great little web app and now I want to add a CMS to it.

By that, I mean that I want to create a site (not a portal) that incorporates blogs, news feeds and a forum, and has a members only area (via monthly Paypal subscription) where the users use my custom web app.

I've already converted my app into ascxs and brought a couple into a test page on umbraco. Now how do I do the rest? I figure installing runway and nForum would take care of some of the basics, but how do I do membership and user roles? What about Paypal? Which modules (if any) should I use?

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 10x admin c-trib
    Feb 10, 2011 @ 07:34
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi kalor

I don't think that there is a umbraco specific paypal module package for Umbraco but I guess it should be fairly simple to integrate any website with paypal.

What are your concerns about membership? The membership provider in Umbraco is the default from ASP.NET, so it's not a custom thing so you should be able to do whatever you like with it. You should also be able to use another membership provider if you wish so.

Hope these input helps.

/Jan

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft