Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Ludvig 12 posts 33 karma points
    Mar 01, 2011 @ 14:18
    Ludvig

blog 4 umbraco problems

Hi,

I have installed blog 4 umbraco on umbraco 4.6.1.

I'm using webmatrix on win 7

Please help me with this error!

When i tried to create the first blog page in the content view I got this error:

Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code. 

Exception Details: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

Source Error: 

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.

Stack Trace: 

[NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.]
       umbraco.cms.businesslogic.property.Property.MakeNew(PropertyType pt, Content c, Guid versionId) +322
       umbraco.cms.businesslogic.Content.createNewVersion() +317
       umbraco.cms.businesslogic.Content.CreateContent(ContentType ct) +198
       umbraco.cms.businesslogic.web.Document.MakeNew(String Name, DocumentType dct, User u, Int32 ParentId) +378
       umbraco.contentTasks.Save() +95
       umbraco.presentation.create.dialogHandler_temp.Create(String NodeType, Int32 TypeId, Int32 NodeId, String Text) +384
       umbraco.cms.presentation.create.controls.content.doCreation() +160
       umbraco.cms.presentation.create.controls.content.sbmt_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e) +5
       System.Web.UI.WebControls.Button.OnClick(EventArgs e) +118
       System.Web.UI.WebControls.Button.RaisePostBackEvent(String eventArgument) +112
       System.Web.UI.WebControls.Button.System.Web.UI.IPostBackEventHandler.RaisePostBackEvent(String eventArgument) +10
       System.Web.UI.Page.RaisePostBackEvent(IPostBackEventHandler sourceControl, String eventArgument) +13
       System.Web.UI.Page.RaisePostBackEvent(NameValueCollection postData) +36
       System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +5563

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 10x admin c-trib
    Mar 06, 2011 @ 20:29
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Ludvig

Are you still having issues with the above or did you manage to find a solution?

/Jan

• Ludvig 12 posts 33 karma points
    Mar 07, 2011 @ 08:14
    Ludvig

Hi Jan, 

thanks for asking. My solution was to start over and reinstall. 

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 10x admin c-trib
    Mar 07, 2011 @ 17:35
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Ludvig

Glad to hear you were able to move forward. Sometimes one just need to start over to do it when something does'nt make sense...but man it can be frustrating! :)

/Jan

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft