Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Drew 4 posts 24 karma points
    Mar 27, 2011 @ 03:10
    Drew

Runway News Package - news items are not showing.

First, I just started working with umbraco this evening so please excuse any ignorance for the time being.

I am attempting to use the news package as distributed here http://our.umbraco.org/projects/runway-news-library.

It seems to install ok.  The document types, templates, macros and content all get created.  I had to mess around a little with the templates because I'm assuming this package assumes installation of the a Runway starter package?  I think I saw that in one of the tutorial videos.

Anyhow, when I visit the News (library/archive) page the sample news item that was installed does not show up.  Am I missing something here?  Are there other configuration steps I should perform to get this up and running?

I apologize if this question has already been addressed.  I couldn't find anything that solved this particular issue.

Thanks in advance,

Drew

• Daniel Bardi 927 posts 2562 karma points
    Mar 27, 2011 @ 03:20
    Daniel Bardi

What version of Umbraco?  The package appears to be flagged for version 4.0.. doesn't mean it won't work, but could be something to look for.. the xslt might be for the old schema... not an issue since it can be converted.

Mar 27, 2011 @ 03:31
    Drew

Well - downloaded fresh from codeplex so I think it is 4.7.0.

Not knowing the nature of how umbraco handles invalid or out of date xsl, would umbraco just bomb or fall out gracefully?  The page still displays the "Now news items to display message" which means it is at least getting through the check for items.  The strange thing is, the news page itself displays fine.  I just can't the library page to show me the article list.

Drew

Mar 27, 2011 @ 04:24
    Daniel Bardi

I assume the xslt is well formed, so it just bails out gracefully.

You'll have to review the xslt to see where the changes need to be for the new schema.

Mar 27, 2011 @ 04:37
    Drew

Ok, thanks for the info.  It looks like this might be an option. http://our.umbraco.org/projects/developer-tools/xsltupdater-for-umbraco  I'll give it a shot and report back.

Drew

Mar 27, 2011 @ 04:58
    Drew

Nice!  Got it working.  The xsl upgrade tool worked wonderfully.  However, there were other issues apart from the xsl.  The alias's for the document types 'News Page' and 'News Library' were incorrect.  They needed to be 'BoostNewspage' and 'BoostNewsLibrary' (case sensitive) instead of 'RunwayNewspage' and 'RunwayNewsLibrary' respectively.

Thanks Again,

Drew

Mar 27, 2011 @ 11:51
    Daniel Bardi

Boost was the original name for Runway... you can rename the doctypes to make it work or change the xslt to use Runway instead of boost.

Great news either way!

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft