Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Yigo 3 posts 23 karma points
    Apr 06, 2011 @ 17:21
    Yigo

Supported MultiLanguage Characters

Hi all. I'm new to umbraco. I've created a new website without any templates. The site is up and running with sample content (in english), however now I'm having a serious issue as I've started to fill in actual content (in turkish).

Characters such as '' , '',  '' will simply convert to 's' , 'i' , 'g' after I save the content. I check the 'cmspropertydata' table in the database, and I see the letters are converted to english counterparts in the database rows. I'm having difficulty understanding if the issue is related to database locale, or if this is a limitation of Umbraco. I've tried to change the db locale, and the table's locale to Latin5-Turkish, but that didn't help either.

Any help/insight is greatly appreciated.

-------------------------------------------

Umbraco Instance hosted at:

Windows2008R2. (us-english locale)

The backend database is MySQL5.5.10.(latin1 locale)

Apr 06, 2011 @ 17:26
    Yigo

Lol, after i typed in this forum post, the characters got lost after i submitted - (in my umbraco instance they get converted). Here is my edit -> The missing characters above are :

's' -- s with a dot at the bottom

'i' -- lower case i, without the dot

'g' -- the 'g' we know with a cap.

Apr 07, 2011 @ 14:12
    Yigo

[SOLVED] It turns out this issue is database related. I've reinstalled the MySQL server with default 'utf8_unicode_ci' collation, and the problem is solved.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft