Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• LeaUK 34 posts 55 karma points
    May 18, 2011 @ 08:57
    LeaUK

Mediaworkers - SMTP/contact form macro

Hi All

Using the Business skin, I just can't get the contact macro to send mail.  I've configured the smtp in web.config, the mail server is local and fully operational running SmarterMail 7.

Can someone confirm what the Contact Form Parameters should be as I think maybe I've ammended them by accident.  I have: Alias 'Subject', Name 'Subject', Type 'Text';  Alias 'yourEmail' Name 'Your Email' Type 'text'.

The SMTP logs show no conection.

Any thoughts much appreciated.

Lea

May 19, 2011 @ 16:20
    LeaUK

Hi

Am I in the correct forum?  It's seems remarkably quiet?

Please let me know if posts about skins/themes from Mediaworkers should be placed elsewhere.

Cheers

Lea

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 10x admin c-trib
    May 20, 2011 @ 00:26
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Lea

Have you tried to have a look at the log table in the umbraco database to see if any errors are shown in there perhaps?

/Jan

May 20, 2011 @ 18:02
    LeaUK

Ah, you see, you're dealing with a Nuub I'm afraid!  Didn't know there was a log table to look at - off to view.  Thanks Jan

Lea

May 20, 2011 @ 18:50
    LeaUK

Well, that's not the easiest of logs to read eh!

But I did find this: id userId NodeId Datestamp logHeader logComment
    28076 0 -1 2011-05-15 10:40:49.217 Error umbraco.library.SendMail: Error sending mail. Exception: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.     at umbraco.library.SendMail(String FromMail, String ToMail, String Subject, String Body, Boolean IsHtml)

Any thoughts?

I found this...

http://our.umbraco.org/forum/getting-started/questions-about-runway-and-modules/7475-Sending-mail-fails-from-runway-contact-form---SystemNullReferenceException

May 23, 2011 @ 13:44
    LeaUK

I've tried everything.  I have another site that the Contact macro works fine so I copied; Contact.ascx, Contact.ascx.cs and Contact.ascx.designer.cs over the site that fails.  Still no joy.

Are there other files associated with the Contact Macro I could overwrite/look at?

Cheers

Lea

May 23, 2011 @ 13:59
    LeaUK

YES...fixed it!! :)

I had to completely delete the Macro from the Umbraco designer space, then create a new one copying the details from the site that works - got there in the end...

Bit painfull tho lol.

Lea

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 10x admin c-trib
    May 23, 2011 @ 20:30
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Lea

Good to hear you managed to get it fixed - Thanks for sharing how you did it :-)

/Jan

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft