Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• John Philip 21 posts 41 karma points
    Jun 23, 2011 @ 13:56
    John Philip

Error reading XSLT file

Hi There

I'm new to Umbraco and desperately need some help from some kind soul out there.

Having trouble with the XSLTsearch. I have tried uninstalling and installing. It works on my local machine but not on the server. Please could someone help me. I get the following error:

Error reading XSLT file: \xslt\XSLTsearch.xslt

Error loading XSLT XSLTsearch.xslt
    XSLT compile error.
      at System.Xml.Xsl.Xslt.XsltLoader.LoadStylesheet(XmlReader reader, Boolean include)
      at System.Xml.Xsl.Xslt.XsltLoader.Load(Compiler compiler, Object stylesheet, XmlResolver xmlResolver)
      at System.Xml.Xsl.Xslt.Compiler.Compile(Object stylesheet, XmlResolver xmlResolver, QilExpression& qil)
      at System.Xml.Xsl.XslCompiledTransform.LoadInternal(Object stylesheet, XsltSettings settings, XmlResolver stylesheetResolver)
      at umbraco.macro.CreateXsltTransform(XmlTextReader xslReader, Boolean debugMode)
      at umbraco.macro.getXslt(String XsltFile)
      at umbraco.macro.loadMacroXSLT(macro macro, MacroModel model, Hashtable pageElements)
  • Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 10x admin c-trib
    Jun 23, 2011 @ 17:48
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi John

Is it only XSLTsearch that fails on the server or does other XSLT files do so as well? And is it in the developer section you see this error or is it elsewhere?

/Jan

Jun 24, 2011 @ 12:05
    John Philip

Hi Jan

Thanks for responding. I haven't discovered any other xslt files failing on the server yet. No the error is not in the developer section. The XSLTsearch help said one should put ?umbDebugShowTrace=true after the url to get a more expanded info on the problem.

I have very limited access to the server so I need to figure out if its something I've setup wrong or something with regards to the server setup/installation that is wrong.

• Tom Fulton 2030 posts 4998 karma points c-trib
    Jun 24, 2011 @ 14:21
    Tom Fulton

Just a guess, but perhaps check that your server is running in Full Trust?  (I think) that is needed for the .cs file in App_Code to compile (?)

Also, see this thread which suggests a permission issue, possibly to the temp folders.

Jun 28, 2011 @ 19:54
    John Philip

Ok, I discovered how the problem came about - the Umbraco installation process did not add all the files that it was meant to. So I copied them across via ftp.For those of you who run into the same problem.

...but I think maybe there is more to the installation too, as now I don't receive results I should - just zero results all the time. Is there a step by step process to do the installation manually?

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 10x admin c-trib
    Jun 28, 2011 @ 19:59
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi John

Glad to hear you figured out what the cause of the XSLT error was. A bit odd that some files are missing though...I have never experienced this before when installing XSLT search from the repository within Umbraco or from the downloaded file...Just out of couriosity...What version of Umbraco are you using and what are the server specs?

In order to get XSLTsearch to show some results you should be able to find all the answers you need in the documentation, which you find here: http://www.percipientstudios.com/media/15396/xsltsearch%203.0.pdf

Hope this helps. Otherwise try to describe the steps you have taken to setup XSLT search.

/Jan

Jun 30, 2011 @ 09:50
    John Philip

Hi Jan

I think its 4.6.2 - well, so its says in the web.config file. Server specs - I have no idea.
    I've only been given access via ftp to the Umbraco files and then the admin login for Umbraco. I did not do the Umbraco installation so its been a painful process in email reqeated request to check things like permissions which so many people pointed to.

Had a squiz at the pdf and realised I had to change the default bodyText alias to my custom name for content.

Thanks for the follow up. You guys are awesome.

John.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft