Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• MrMufakka 24 posts 44 karma points
    Jun 27, 2011 @ 06:12
    MrMufakka

Question regarding Runway, how to install

Hello

I'm in the process of moving a site from one web server to another. I've got the site installed and running on the new server. Now I need to figure out what packages/scripts/etc were used to run the old site and then install them on the new server.

My first question is about runway. When I look under the packages\installed packages\ section of the developer area on the old server, it says:

Runway
    Runway Top navigation
    Runway Contact Form
    Runway Gallery

When I go to the same section on the new server, it doesn't say anything about runway. How/where do I go to install/activate it? I'm running Umbraco 4.7. The old server was using 4.6.

• Dirk De Grave 4541 posts 6021 karma points MVP 3x admin c-trib
    Jun 27, 2011 @ 07:25
    Dirk De Grave

How about installing the runway package on your destination server?

Cheers,

/Dirk

Jun 27, 2011 @ 07:33
    MrMufakka

Yeah, I'd love to install the runway package. Where do I get it from? I don't seem to see it listed in the Umbraco Repository in the Developer > Packages section. Under the packages I have "install starter kit". That contains links to "simple", "blog", "personal" and "business" kits.

I even tried deleting everything and starting from square one using Umbraco 4.6.1. Unfortunately, I didn't see it listed under the packages section once I got the site installed on that version either.

So... where do I get runway for 4.7 from?

Thanks!

Jun 27, 2011 @ 07:37
    Dirk De Grave

Have you checked the project section on our. Should be able to find those packages, download them and install them (instead of going to the repo section, just install the package from local file)

Hope this helps.

Regards,

/Dirk

• qingfeng 8 posts 27 karma points
    Jun 27, 2011 @ 07:38
    qingfeng

oh,yes,thank you

Jun 27, 2011 @ 07:41
    MrMufakka

And if runway is no longer available, is there anyway to get the packages I listed above to work?

Sorry, posted this as you were posting your reply. Checking your link now.

Jun 27, 2011 @ 07:47
    Dirk De Grave

if it's no longer available, then you could build a package yourself on your local machine, include all files/doc types/media, ... and install of of these on the target machine.

Or, if you haven't done any changes on your target (ie it's an exact copy of your local install), you could easily setup your target machine again by backing up the db, restoring it on target machine, copy over all files from local to target and all of the data will be available on your target.

Cheers,

/Dirk

Jun 27, 2011 @ 07:47
    MrMufakka

hmmm... the packages I'm looking for aren't listed on that project page.

runway, runway top navigation, runway contact form, runway gallery.

hmmm...

Jun 27, 2011 @ 07:50
    MrMufakka

(I'm so new to this forum, I'm not sure where the "quote" button is...)

This site is currently installed on a webserver, that I have a backup of the files and the db. I'm trying to get it running on a new server.

Is the runway package going to be something that is stored in the DB or the files/folders? Can it just be copied to a new server, or does it have to be installed?

Jun 27, 2011 @ 07:59
    MrMufakka

Just looking at the files that I have a bit closer.

In the app_code folder, I have a file umbraco.runwaygallery.cs. Also, a subfolder called RunwayContactForm that has two files in it. conact.ascx.cs and contact.ascx.designer.cs.

These files are also on the new server but maybe I need to install them somehow?

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft