• skiltz 501 posts 701 karma points
    Aug 12, 2011 @ 02:03
    skiltz

If i have http://www.myawesomesite.com/base/dosomething/11

How do I get the value 11 in a macro??

• Dirk De Grave 4541 posts 6021 karma points MVP 3x admin c-trib
    Aug 12, 2011 @ 09:31
    Dirk De Grave

Can you elaborate, not sure what you're trying to do. Why do you need to pass this value 11 to a macro?

Looking forward to your info.

Cheers,

/Dirk

Aug 12, 2011 @ 10:21
    skiltz

11 In this case is a nodeid.   I want to do something like <xsl:variable name="compNode" select="umbraco.library:GetXmlNodeById(11)" /> in my macro.

Ideally I would just use a querystring but base don't work with querystrings.

Aug 12, 2011 @ 10:29
    Dirk De Grave

Guessed that was a node id, but still have troubles understanding why you need to pass that to a macro from your base method? Any info on that?

Cheers,

/Dirk

Aug 12, 2011 @ 10:45
    skiltz

I am using Base to auto generate and send an email which is sent to our members.  The Umbraco content page (which the email is generated from) has  a Macro which needs a nodeid so it can generate some content :)

Aug 12, 2011 @ 10:51
    Dirk De Grave

Ok, from your base, which is server side, you're fetching the content of the page (from which the email is generated from) and use that to send email to your user? If so, can't you use /content-page?nodeId=id (where id is passed to your base method as a param) and make sure your macro gets the querystring parameter using the syntax as explained here. Or, from within the xslt, get the querystring value using umbraco.library:RequestString('key')?

/Dirk

Aug 12, 2011 @ 10:56
    skiltz

Hmmm I guess so... But then I need to add code to my template or content page to cover the business logic of sending the email. 

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft