Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• metalforgood 36 posts 55 karma points
    Oct 09, 2011 @ 15:40
    metalforgood

specify the location to upload datatype

Hi : ) , i use "upload" datatype as a generic property in one of my document types, it works great

but is there a way that i can determine the location of the uploaded files to be saved on the server, coz all of the files are stored on the root , and i want to make a folder for these files,

any clue ?

• Simon Smith 19 posts 41 karma points
    Oct 09, 2011 @ 20:54
    Simon Smith

Hi,

Take a look at http://our.umbraco.org/wiki/reference/files-and-folders/files-in-the-config-folder/umbracosettingsconfig and the setting UploadAllowDirectories

This will automatically generate directories for files to go into. If you do need to be very specific about which directory files are saved into, I think you're going to need a custom data type. You could base it on the source for the standard Upload Field data type.

Simon

• metalforgood 36 posts 55 karma points
    Oct 10, 2011 @ 11:03
    metalforgood

Hi Simon, thanks :) . but i checked this setting, it was set to true, but yet it still put the uploaded files on root, only in rich text editor it upload the files into media folder , but if using an upload field , it is still put on root ;)

thanks for the help man, i will try to c how to create a custom data type :)

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft