Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• sethu 15 posts 35 karma points
    Oct 11, 2011 @ 16:02
    sethu

How to Create a two sites for two different login users.

Hi ,

I am Developing the Umbarco Cms 4.7.0 , Can you please tell me how to create a two different sites for different users. 

for example if i login as user1  display the user1 site,(www.user1site.com)

if user2 login display the user2 site ...(www.user2site.com)

Thanks in Advance

sethu.

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 10x admin c-trib
    Oct 15, 2011 @ 16:57
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Sethu

If you don't need to two different users to also have access to the "media" section it can be done without problems. But for some reason it's not possible to specifiy permissions for access to the media library, which is a bit odd.

This means that if the two users you want to create also need access to the media section they would actually share the media section, which is not ideal.

But on the positive side...if you just need to give them access to the content section do the following.

1) Go to the "Users" section. Create two new users "UserA" and "UserB". Specify that they can access the "Content section" only. Then in the content channel select "SiteA" as startnode for "UserA" and "SiteB" for "UserB". (I'm not sure if it's neccesary to do this though).

2) Go to the "User permissions" folder and define the access for the users. What you need to do here is to make sure that "UserA" can't see "SiteB" and vice verca.

Click on "UserA" and in the right side of the screen click "SiteA". In the section that is appearing deselect "Browse node" and click save. Now do the "same" thing for "UserB".

Now you should be able to log in and only see the site the user is intended to access.

Hope this helps!

/Jan

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft