Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• sethu 15 posts 35 karma points
    Oct 11, 2011 @ 21:01
    sethu

what is Manage hostnames

Hi ,

What is the use of Manage hostnames, can we create  a multiple websites in content property, in the bellow image show two wesite (yusen,Dixon), how to give two different url's for both sites..

thanks

sethu

• Rich Green 2246 posts 4008 karma points
    Oct 11, 2011 @ 21:39
    Rich Green

Hi Sethu,

Yes, if you use the hostnames you can run mulitple sites from within your Umbraco installation. Remember to change your hostnames through IIS too.

I would only run multiple sites if they are closely related (for example multi-lingual sites, or sites from the same company) this is because the media library is shared as well as the recycle bin.

Hope that helps

Rich

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 10x admin c-trib
    Oct 15, 2011 @ 17:00
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Sethu

As Rich is saying the media section is shared between the multiple sites, because it's for some weird reason is not possible to set permissions for anything other than the "Content" section.

However if you set the correct permissions for the users in the "User" section the recycle bin in "Content" section is actually not shared :-) - Please see my reply in this post: http://our.umbraco.org/forum/getting-started/questions-about-runway-and-modules/24793-How-to-Create-a-two-sites-for-two-different-login-users?p=0#comment92620

I think I'll make a feature request for the option to set permissions on other sections instead of just for "Content".

/Jan

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft