Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Maximilian Beller 2 posts 22 karma points
    Oct 19, 2011 @ 09:16
    Maximilian Beller

Hi,

does some page template / doc type exist where I can reference an existing page?

i.e. Create new page "my reference copy" and then I select an existing page which content should be displayed on the newly created "my reference copy" page.

Thanks

• Dirk De Grave 4541 posts 6021 karma points MVP 3x admin c-trib
    Oct 19, 2011 @ 09:31
    Dirk De Grave

Maximilian,

Do you only want that page to exist so you can call that page by its url? If so, just add a property on your "base" page of type text string (alias=umbracoUrlAlias) and add any url you'd like. For example, say you've got a page

http://www.domain.com/contact

and you wanted this to be also available as

http://www.domain.com/contact-us

just add contact-us as the value of the property and both urls will render the same "base" apge.

Does that help?

Cheers,

/Dirk

• Maximilian Beller 2 posts 22 karma points
    Oct 19, 2011 @ 09:34
    Maximilian Beller

Thank you Dirk,

No, I want a second page somewhere in the navigation hierarchy display the content of another page. The second page should be displayed in the Navigation too. The contents of the page should just reference the page I choose.

• Anthony pj 40 posts 63 karma points
    Oct 19, 2011 @ 12:36
    Anthony pj

Hi Max ,

Try out the following

1.Create new Document type say call "displayOtherPagesContent" or what ever suits create a template

2. On this new document type add the datatype "Content Picker" and give it an alias for example displayPageContent

3. In your "displayOtherpagesContent"  template drop in the following razor in the contentplaceholder

<umbraco:Macro  runat="server" language="cshtml">
    @Model.NodeById(Model.displayPageContent).bodyText
    </umbraco:Macro>

3. Create a new page in your content section , select the existing page content you wish to display from "Content picker"

4. Preview , publish page and you will see the content in this page from page you selected in content picker

This assume that page have property called bodyText where content is stored.

Hope that sets you on right path

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft