Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Søren Corneliussen 7 posts 28 karma points
    Nov 14, 2011 @ 15:35
    Søren Corneliussen

Subsites and Subsites admins. Possible?

Hi

Im considering umbraco for a small-to-media size website. I need some recommedations if below is possible with some development effort. (I have installed umbraco and I don't think this is possible out-of-the-box)

Main requirements:

3 types of users. E.g. A: Admin (all-rights), B: Area/subsite Admin, C: Area/Subsite Users)

Where

Area/Subsite admin controls/approves Area/Subsite users and Area/Subsite content. (Only have access to Ares/subsite and site mainpage)

Area/Subsite users only have access to Area/Subsite and site mainpage

--

Is this something that is possible with a little effort. Medium size effort or a lot of effort. (or maybe I can buy it as a module)

Any comments?

• John C Scott 473 posts 1183 karma points
    Nov 18, 2011 @ 13:15
    John C Scott

Yes if I understand what you are asking this should be very easy to achieve.

There are two useful controls over users you can use to achieve this.

Your admin user is very straightforward and will have all admin access over everything.

Your sub site users can be restricted in two ways.

They can be restritcted to what parts of the site they can update by the "start in content node" setting for that user.

Your sub sites can be set up as nodes which are attached to the root of a specific site or sub section of a site.

These users can then be further restricted to not have publishing rights but the admin user will see when the sub-site user has saved a change and then have the option to review and publish these changes.

Is this what you need?

• Søren Corneliussen 7 posts 28 karma points
    Jan 04, 2012 @ 15:02
    Søren Corneliussen

Sorry for late reply.

7 weeks ago I was quite new to umbraco, but I have now grown very fond of it. I have been investigation other areas, but I will give above a try.

Thanks!

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft