Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Lou 59 posts 169 karma points
    Nov 22, 2011 @ 03:35
    Lou

What is Cultiv Razor 1.5 not called uComponents 2.1

I thought I was installing Cultiv Razor 1.5 (Examples of how to use Razor).  I was distracted at the time when I  installed it. I saw that it was installing uComponents 2.1 but forgot that I had uComponents 3.0 on my site. Realising the mistake I tried to uninstall the 2.1 uComponents, but they would not uninstall.  I then tried to uninstall the 3.0 uComponents but they would also not uninstall.  

I looked at my web site and none of my XSLT macros were working.

Luckily this was not a production site.  I have been using Umbraco for 2 months and so far I have found at least 20 ways to totally destroy a site, usually by installing packages.

I have been using CMSs for 10 years and I've never experienced a CMS that is so easy to destroy as Umbraco.

I believe this is due to the Flexibility of Umbraco in its way of processing packages.  I have gone through most of the packages / projects while not all cause problems like the combination of Cultiv Razor 1.5 and uComponents 3.0 more than 50% don't work on my installation (4.7.1 and My SQL) yet none of those who don't work tell me they will not work, generally these are 4.5+ packages which means they will only work on a 4.5 version not a 4.7.1 version.  The same will happen when you go to V5, none of the current packages will work.

You know the problems with the packages, yet the package documentation is only updated if the package has been fixed for a later version, NOT that there will be a problem or that nothing will happen if you use this package.

Why do you let people install packages that you know will not work.  The Blogs and Forums all need SQL Server, yet they install and run in a MY SQL installation, and only CRASH when I try to use them.

I went to this site;

http://www.nibble.be/

and noticed that one third of the links on the Blog Roll don't work.  These people are the core of Umbraco, yet one third no longer want to be linked to Umbraco, why?

• Lou 59 posts 169 karma points
    Nov 22, 2011 @ 04:00
    Lou

I just solved this problem.  Cultiv Razor 1.5 is not a package, it is a copy of an umbraco web site.

As I said above, the problem is that the Package installer will install anything, and this may result in your site being totally destroyed as my site was.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft