Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Mücahit 5 posts 26 karma points
    Dec 13, 2011 @ 19:26
    Mücahit

Content Access Problem with New Created Users

Hello, I have a really big problem that about users. 

I have created some Content for my web pages. I can see, update and delete this contents there is no problem but when i create a new user, it cannot edit contents. When press any Content getting Server Error. 

I think it is not connected with user groups because also when i add a user like "Administrator" this problem occurs again. Only first admin user see Contents. Please Help.

Umbraco Version: 4.7.1

Best Regards,

Mücahit AYDINLIK

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 10x admin c-trib
    Dec 13, 2011 @ 20:06
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Mücahit

First of all what does the error you get say?

How have you setup the users? Could you describe the steps you have taken?

Also...are you sure it's not a permission related issue on the disk? What permissions have been set for network service and iusr on the root folder containing Umbraco for instance?

/Jan

Dec 13, 2011 @ 20:17
    Mücahit

Hi Jan,

Thanks for reply.

I am getting standard .net error:

Server Error in '/' Application.

Runtime Error

Description: An application error occurred on the server. The current custom error settings for this application prevent the details of the application error from being viewed remotely (for security reasons). It could, however, be viewed by browsers running on the local server machine. 

Details: To enable the details of this specific error message to be viewable on remote machines, please create a tag within a "web.config" configuration file located in the root directory of the current web application. This tag should then have its "mode" attribute set to "Off".

Notes: The current error page you are seeing can be replaced by a custom error page by modifying the "defaultRedirect" attribute of the application's configuration tag to point to a custom error page URL.

I setup users from Users section ( Right Click "Users" and Create) 

Another issue i can acces Contents with first created admin. 

I will share differences between first created Administrator and other users:

Dec 13, 2011 @ 20:26
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Mücahit

Can you try to set the <customErros mode="Off" /> in the web.config as suggested in the yellow screen? When that is done you'll get a more detailed description of the error, which hopefully contains something usefull for us :)

/Jan

Dec 13, 2011 @ 20:32
    Mücahit

Hi Jan,

Here is your detailed description of the error :)

erver Error in '/' Application.

Invalid character in the given encoding. Line 11, position 24.

Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code. 

Exception Details: System.Xml.XmlException: Invalid character in the given encoding. Line 11, position 24.

Source Error: 

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.

Stack Trace: 

[XmlException: Invalid character in the given encoding. Line 11, position 24.]
       System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.Throw(Exception e) +73
       System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.Throw(String res, String arg) +122
       System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.InvalidCharRecovery(Int32& bytesCount, Int32& charsCount) +214
       System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.GetChars(Int32 maxCharsCount) +137
       System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.ReadData() +371
       System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.ParseCDataOrComment(XmlNodeType type, Int32& outStartPos, Int32& outEndPos) +81
       System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.ParseCDataOrComment(XmlNodeType type) +226
       System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.ParseComment() +27
       System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.ParseElementContent() +212
       System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.Read() +34
       System.Xml.XmlLoader.LoadNode(Boolean skipOverWhitespace) +57
       System.Xml.XmlLoader.LoadDocSequence(XmlDocument parentDoc) +20
       System.Xml.XmlLoader.Load(XmlDocument doc, XmlReader reader, Boolean preserveWhitespace) +131
       System.Xml.XmlDocument.Load(XmlReader reader) +114
       System.Xml.XmlDocument.Load(String filename) +128
       AttackMonkey.TabHider.Config.LoadXmlConfig() +177
       AttackMonkey.TabHider.Config..ctor() +45
       AttackMonkey.TabHider.Config.get_Instance() +29
       AttackMonkey.TabHider.ApplicationBase.umbracoPage_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e) +344
       umbraco.presentation.masterpages.umbracoPage.FireOnLoad(EventArgs e) +27
       umbraco.presentation.masterpages.umbracoPage.Page_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e) +29
       System.Web.Util.CalliHelper.EventArgFunctionCaller(IntPtr fp, Object o, Object t, EventArgs e) +14
       System.Web.Util.CalliEventHandlerDelegateProxy.Callback(Object sender, EventArgs e) +35
       System.Web.UI.Control.OnLoad(EventArgs e) +91
       System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive() +74
       System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive() +146
       System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +2207

Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:4.0.30319; ASP.NET Version:4.0.30319.1

Mücahit

Dec 13, 2011 @ 21:53
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Mücahit

Are you using some special characters in the user properties or simply in the document types property names?

Seems like it could be a illegal character somewhere that is causing this behavior.

/Jan

Dec 13, 2011 @ 22:04
    Mücahit

Hi Jan,

I don't use special characters in the user propertites. I don't use special characters in document types, either. But I use some special (Turkish) characters in Conten's Tabs. Is this problem?

Thanks,

Mücahit.

Dec 13, 2011 @ 22:07
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Mücahit

Hmm, what kind of special characters are you using? And what is the datatype of the field where the characters are entered?

/Jan

Dec 15, 2011 @ 20:24
    Mücahit

Hi Jan,

I have solved the problem. Attack Monkey Tab Hider package caused an error. I uninstalled it and there is no problem right now. 

Thanks again.

Mücahit...

Dec 15, 2011 @ 22:10
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Mücahit

That's good to hear. Thanks for sharing the solution with us.

/Jan

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft