Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Tim Salter 17 posts 47 karma points
    Dec 20, 2011 @ 06:24
    Tim Salter

Rotate ads without page refresh

I would like to use an Ad Rotator control, but have it rotate the ads without a page refresh. I have the Ad Rotator control, but not sure how to make the ads rotate at certain intervals. Any thoughts.

Thanks,
    Tim

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 10x admin c-trib
    Dec 23, 2011 @ 09:53
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Tim

Any specific reason that you want to use what sounds like a asp.net control to me, for this?

Would'nt you be able to achieve your goal by using a rotator based on JavaScript?

/Jan

Dec 23, 2011 @ 17:25
    Tim Salter

I probably could if I knew JavaScript.  I tried using AJAX to wrap the adRotator, but it is not working.  So I was asking if there was another way to accomplish this task.

Tim

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 10x admin c-trib
    Dec 23, 2011 @ 20:55
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Tim

What is your need? Should it simply rotate image ads? Or should it be text ads? There are many javascript rotators out there. However I can recommend the flexislider, which supports sliding on tablets and is build with gracefull degredation in mind.

If you know your way around XSLT or Razor it should be fairly easy to integrate it with Umbraco - but could this cover your need?

/Jan

Dec 23, 2011 @ 21:29
    Tim Salter

First off to simply rotate images/ads at regular intervals (every 3 seconds or so) without having the user refresh page.  I am just getting into the XSLT thing and want to learn more, so whatever guidance you can give would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,
    Tim

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft