Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Colin 2 posts 22 karma points
    Jan 01, 2012 @ 11:51
    Colin

Problem setting up first site.

I am a complete novice, only having used wordpress before on a php system.

I have successfully installed umbraco and setup the simple business skin.

I cannot understand how to alter the necessary files so that I can change the images and text on  frontpage slider, I tried to amend the code following the instructions found on the forum, but obviously did something wrong, can somebody post the code I need to use so that I can use my own images and text.

I do not know anything about macros etc, as I am a complete novice and never used asp before.

• dan 29 posts 53 karma points
    Jan 08, 2012 @ 19:15
    dan

Hi Colin,

Did you try to edit the templates in the settings section and amend the code there, or have you been updating the images in the content area?

- Dan

• Colin 2 posts 22 karma points
    Jan 09, 2012 @ 04:30
    Colin

I managed in the end to find apost where the instructions to alter twofiles in the template allowed me to change the images,alasI have now lost the link to the page so cannot adjust the settingsin other templates.  The images were hard wired into the templates and I needed to change the macro and something else.  the page is devonports  com  I havemissed out the . to stop spiders findingmysite. As you cansee I havenow been able to alter the image slider.  Now I need to alter the header to makemy own logo and text.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft