Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Christian Rieß 24 posts 46 karma points
    Mar 01, 2012 @ 17:04
    Christian Rieß

Package Folder in backend empty

I am currently working on a new site with umbraco 4.7.1.1. After installing the new Version (no Upgrade but new install), I created some Document Types and Templates. Then I wanted to install some packages. The problem is, that in the developer section the Packages folder is completely empty. So the install package menu is missing as well.

I already tried to logout/login again, tried to reset the web.config. But the content of the Packages folder won't show up. When trying to reload the Packages folder node, I get an Error in the Firebug Console:

Unable to generate a temporary class (result=1).<br>error CS2001: Source file 'C:\Windows\TEMP\yu3tuzko.0.cs' could not be found<br>error CS2008: No inputs specified<br>

Server Error in '/' Application.

Unable to generate a temporary class (result=1).
    error CS2001: Source file 'C:\Windows\TEMP\yu3tuzko.0.cs' could not be found
    error CS2008: No inputs specified

Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.InvalidOperationException: Unable to generate a temporary class (result=1).

Source Error:

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.

Stack Trace:

[InvalidOperationException: Unable to generate a temporary class (result=1).
    ]
       System.Xml.Serialization.Compiler.Compile(Assembly parent, String ns, XmlSerializerCompilerParameters xmlParameters, Evidence evidence) +1357
       System.Xml.Serialization.TempAssembly.GenerateAssembly(XmlMapping[] xmlMappings, Type[] types, String defaultNamespace, Evidence evidence, XmlSerializerCompilerParameters parameters, Assembly assembly, Hashtable assemblies) +2809
       System.Xml.Serialization.TempAssembly..ctor(XmlMapping[] xmlMappings, Type[] types, String defaultNamespace, String location, Evidence evidence) +366
       System.Xml.Serialization.XmlSerializer..ctor(Type type, String defaultNamespace) +951
       umbraco.BusinessLogic.Utils.SerializableData.Serialize(Object objDeserialized, Type objectType) +83
       umbraco.cms.presentation.Trees.LegacyTree.Render(XmlTree& tree) +138
       umbraco.presentation.webservices.TreeDataService.GetXmlTree() +136
       umbraco.presentation.webservices.TreeDataService.ProcessRequest(HttpContext context) +86
       System.Web.CallHandlerExecutionStep.System.Web.HttpApplication.IExecutionStep.Execute() +625
       System.Web.HttpApplication.ExecuteStep(IExecutionStep step, Boolean& completedSynchronously) +270

Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:4.0.30319; ASP.NET Version:4.0.30319.272

Maybe this is some access problem umbraco is having with the temp folder?

Any Ideas?

• Christian Rieß 24 posts 46 karma points
    Mar 01, 2012 @ 17:08
    Christian Rieß

Well... I might as well close this thread... seems like this was the issue... I gave the normal User permissions to create and change files in the temp folder. Now it's working.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft