Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Andy McShane 87 posts 34 karma points
    Jul 15, 2009 @ 15:07
    Andy McShane

Designit Gallery Package

I am trying to use the Designit Gallery Package and need to ask a couple of questions about how to implement it. I have created a document type called Gallery and have added the media picker. I have created a template called Gallery and included the macro as follows

<umbraco:Macro folderId="[#Gallery]" ThumbWidth="50" ThumbHeight="50" LightBoxWidth="250" LightBoxHeight="250" Alias="Designit.Gallery" runat="server"></umbraco:Macro>

Now I added this exactly as shown on the codeplex site, apart from changing the dimensions, and I am unsure what the value for 'folderId="[#Gallery]"' relates to?

I can create a Gallery page under content and it allows me to navigate to the media folders. I pick a folder, called images for example, but none of the pictures that are inside of that folder get displayed however I do not get any errors either. Any idea of what I have missed?

• Andy McShane 87 posts 34 karma points
    Jul 15, 2009 @ 15:30
    Andy McShane

The plot thickens, I tried changing folderId="[#Gallery]" to be folderId="1094" where 1094 is the id of an image folder under media. Now I get the following error

Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

Source Error:

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.

Stack Trace:

[NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.]
       Designit.Umb.Gallery.WebUi.usercontrols.Designit.Gallery.ShowGallery.Page_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e) +949
       System.Web.Util.CalliHelper.EventArgFunctionCaller(IntPtr fp, Object o, Object t, EventArgs e) +24
       System.Web.Util.CalliEventHandlerDelegateProxy.Callback(Object sender, EventArgs e) +41
       System.Web.UI.Control.OnLoad(EventArgs e) +131
       System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive() +65
       System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive() +190
       System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +2427

Eveything is where it should be as far as i can see.

• Ian Lockett 1 post 23 karma points
    Aug 21, 2009 @ 14:11
    Ian Lockett

Hello Andy,

In case you are still trying... I had the same problem today on my first Umbraco project!

My issue came down to not having my html <head> tag running as a server-side object.

I needed to add id="head1" runat="server" and that solved this problem.

This is due to the code for the gallery adding lightbox scripts to the page header. If the header doesn't exist server-side, then it returns a null reference.

All the best

Ian

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft