Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Jose Malone 121 posts 58 karma points
    Jul 15, 2009 @ 21:46
    Jose Malone

@warrenbuckley - Twitter for Umbraco

I can't seem to post this in the actual package help area...

Umb 4021, .NET 2.0, Windows 2003, IIS 6.0, stactrace?

OK, granted I haven't messed with Umb for awhile but just upgraded to 4.0.2.1.

This installed fine, and I installed the macro in the template but its not firing. I've tried using my UID and the actual number the RSS picks up, butI just see a blank area where this is inserted. Any ideas on how to trouble shoot this?

Thanks!

Jose

• sritchie 48 posts 80 karma points
    Jul 16, 2009 @ 03:09
    sritchie

The Twitter package is reasonably straightforward & should work with no issues.

I think Warren updated the package recently so you require your Twitter username, rather than the previous requirement for your twitter ID no. (i.e. from the RSS feed).

Aside from that the package should work straight away.

What other packages do you have installed?

• Warren Buckley 2106 posts 4836 karma points MVP ∞ admin hq c-trib
    Jul 16, 2009 @ 09:29
    Warren Buckley

Hey Jose,
    The most common problem people have is that their twitter stream is protected - check that first.

I would remove the previous version of the package first, which is to delete the macro in umbraco and the XSLT file and remove the DLL in the Bin folder (I cant remember the name of the DLL but it should be obvious) and then update the /config/xsltExtensions.config file to remove the refrence to the DLL.

Then I would install the latest version from the project section of this site.

Let me know how it goes.

Warren

• Darren Ferguson 1022 posts 3259 karma points MVP c-trib
    Jul 16, 2009 @ 09:59
    Darren Ferguson

If you have trouble getting Warrens package to work here is an alternative method of displaying twitter feeds on your site:

http://www.darren-ferguson.com/2009/1/21/quick-umbraco-tip-display-twitter-feeds-on-your-site.aspx

• Jose Malone 121 posts 58 karma points
    Jul 18, 2009 @ 01:30
    Jose Malone

Warren,

OK. Finally had a chance to try your recomondations. Uninstalling the package actually worked great. It didn't leave anything behind. I re-installed the package (actually had the same version installed) and had the same issues, but tried not showing friends feeds, and that must of been the trick. If I have that checked or "1" the macro doesn't fire, but if its set to "0" it works great.

Jose

• Warren Buckley 2106 posts 4836 karma points MVP ∞ admin hq c-trib
    Jul 18, 2009 @ 11:29
    Warren Buckley

OK i need to take a look at that at some point, but currently i am very busy.

Warren

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft