Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Lesley 284 posts 143 karma points
    Jul 19, 2009 @ 11:04
    Lesley

Re-installing module

I'm in a bit of a mess after trying to re-install the Runway FAQ Module and need some pointers. Here's what happened...

I uninstalled the faq module, and then changed my mind and wanted to reinstall. When I went to install it again I got an error:

Item has already been added. Key in dictionary: 'faq'

Searches on here and the old forum resulted in me manually deleting the templates and macros from the developer section, hoping that would complete the uninstall and let me do a fresh install. Mistake. Now, when I go to the Installed Packages list, and click on Runway FAQ Module and click to uninstall, the macros are listed as ID numbers and they won't uninstall.

I guess I need to remove some rows from the database but I can't see where. Any suggestions?

• Sebastiaan Janssen 5044 posts 15475 karma points MVP admin hq
    Jul 19, 2009 @ 15:12
    Sebastiaan Janssen

Maybe you should have a look on disk to see if there are some remaining faq files (master pages, css, etc). Also try a recycle of the application pool to flush out backoffice caching.

I don't know exactly how the install/uninstall process works, so I can't point you to the relevant tables.
    However, would it not be a good idea to start with a fresh database? It sounds like you're still developing something and I don't think it should be too difficult to reacreate the site you're working on. I don't know how far along you are though!

• Lesley 284 posts 143 karma points
    Jul 19, 2009 @ 19:18
    Lesley

Thanks Sebastiaan,

I was already thinking it might be time to do a clean db install, and that's what I've now done.

For future reference, I went back and reproduced the "Item has already been added. Key in dictionary:" error. To fix things:

1. Uninstall whatever the package has done so far. Do this using the package uninstaller.
    2. Go to Settings -> Templates, and delete (or rename) whichever template was causing the error.
    3. Go back to the package install, which should work just fine.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft