Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• tla 35 posts 71 karma points
    Jul 27, 2009 @ 10:51
    tla

Umbraco, SourceControll and Packages

Trying again as the two other post didn't get submitted for some reason....Javascript errors?

In a project where we're using SourceSafe as source controll, I'm having difficulties adding a package:

Umbraco version is 4.0.2.1

SourceSafe as source controll.

For those of you who dont know it, SourceSafe maintain a checkin/checkout behaviour using writeprotection on files on the localhost. Checking out a file removes the write protection on localhost, but at the same time prevents others from doing the same. Checking in will reenable the lock as well as adding your changes to the file so that others can access your changes.

While in my search for a RSS-enabled news module, I found http://www.cpalm.dk/blog/2006/06/07/umbraco-rss-package.aspx.

I haven't found anything else and the package repository didn't hold anything neither.

One thing I did see, however, when looking at the package tab in the developers section is the following 'error' message displayed in red at the top of the screen:

There is a problem with read/write access to a specific file or folder:
    Access to the path 'C:\umbracodir\data\packages\installed\installedPackages.config' is denied.

Thinking that its sourcesafe, I remove the writeprotection on the file, reload the developers section tree and click on a package node, but get the following error:

Server Error in '/' Application.

Cannot write to a closed TextWriter.

Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.ObjectDisposedException: Cannot write to a closed TextWriter.

Source Error:

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.

Stack Trace:

[ObjectDisposedException: Cannot write to a closed TextWriter.]
       System.IO.__Error.WriterClosed() +57
       System.IO.StreamWriter.Flush(Boolean flushStream, Boolean flushEncoder) +7471752
       System.IO.StreamWriter.Flush() +11
       umbraco.cms.businesslogic.packager.Settings.HasFileAccess(Exception& exp) +434
       umbraco.presentation.developer.packages.Installer.Page_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e) +46
       System.Web.Util.CalliHelper.EventArgFunctionCaller(IntPtr fp, Object o, Object t, EventArgs e) +14
       System.Web.Util.CalliEventHandlerDelegateProxy.Callback(Object sender, EventArgs e) +35
       System.Web.UI.Control.OnLoad(EventArgs e) +99
       umbraco.BasePages.BasePage.OnLoad(EventArgs e) +15
       System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive() +50
       System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +627

Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:2.0.50727.3053; ASP.NET Version:2.0.50727.3053

Thank you Umbraco! That really made sense!

So I reenable write protection and try to upload the package (I can use the different options that way). Package is installed, but its not visible in the tree after reloading nodes. So I try to install it again, but get the error message that its already in the DB.

So, long intro, short questions :)

How can I install a package in umbraco and how can I delete a package in the DB (its in the DB but its not in the tree so I cannot uninstall it!).

Thanks in advance

Tony

Jul 27, 2009 @ 10:53
    tla

And to add, could post it well using FF but not IE7 (got 2 javascript errors thrown - but I know my IE installation is a bit funky these days)

Jul 27, 2009 @ 13:13
    tla

Seems like the RSS feed folder was created on the Settings menu, just below Document Type. time to tinker some more with getting it to work.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft