Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Billy Koch 77 posts 31 karma points
    Aug 06, 2009 @ 04:33
    Billy Koch

Any Umbraco Sites that is like a Community Site?

Does anyone have any Umbraco site that runs aka like a Community site?  I'm kinda curious to see - I am looking into building a community site and potentially utilizing Umbraco but not sure if there is such capability.  I know Umbraco has alot of capaibility I have seen it from E-Commerce, to Personal, to Business.  But more of into a community site - aka like a newpaper/magazine style (not a large one by any means)  but the concept of it.

Any info would be appreciated.

Thanks!

• Roel Snetselaar 151 posts 305 karma points
    Aug 06, 2009 @ 08:00
    Roel Snetselaar

Umbraco is a great product but I think if you want to use it for a community site Umbraco might not be the best product. Because out of the box it does not support all kinds of community site functionality. It is of course possible to grap a few packages, write some custom usercontrols yourself, but it would take some time.

But then again you are writing on this forum and our.umbraco.org is a community site which is build upon Umbraco.

• jigar 170 posts 233 karma points
    Aug 06, 2009 @ 08:17
    jigar

HI Billy,

Roel has Rightly mentioned that umbraco might not support all kinds of Community site functionality, but you can always extend the capacity. You can share with us your functional requirements or module list so that we can suggest you in details.

Regards

JIgar

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft