Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• René Hansen 5 posts 25 karma points
    Sep 15, 2012 @ 09:34
    René Hansen

cant set send to in contact form

Hi tehre.

Where do I set the "sendt to" (reciever) mail for the contact form.

I am not using Contour, but the contact form in the starter kit.

I keep getting an mail cannot be delivered from my webserver host, so the sontact form does try to send but at my domain it wont recieve because Umbraco sends the mail to [email protected] so the mail server rejects it.

Se report from my mail server :

Reporting-MTA: dns; erased
    X-Postfix-Queue-ID: erased
    X-Postfix-Sender: rfc822; [email protected]
    Arrival-Date: Sat, 15 Sep 2012 00:54:38 +0200 (CEST)

Final-Recipient: rfc822; [email protected] <<< wrong adress, this is the adress i would like to change in umbraco, so that contact form can send to me.
    Original-Recipient: rfc822;[email protected] <<< wrong adress
    Action: failed
    Remote-MTA: dns; erased
    Diagnostic-Code: smtp; 505 5.0.0 User unknown

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 10x admin c-trib
    Sep 15, 2012 @ 10:27
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi René and welcome to our :)

Are you using one of the starter kits? If so, which one? Or have you installed one of the contact form packages out there?

I'm guessing that there probably is an XSLT macro in the developer section making use of the SendMail extension where the sender email has been set - maybe it's a variable so you can define it somewhere on a document type.

/Jan

Sep 15, 2012 @ 10:40
    René Hansen

HI Jan.

Thanks I am looking forward to expploit Umbraco, yes i installed the starter kit "personal" and there is a Macro called "Contact form" Alias "RunwayContactForm"

There is 2 properties on that Macro, i tried setting them like this, althou I am not sure if this is correct.

Sep 15, 2012 @ 10:55
    René Hansen

OMG i wanted to delete my post and pressed solved, guess one cant delete a post.  :)

Well then i write it here anyway. The version is 4.9

Is there a way to reset the solve status ?

Sep 15, 2012 @ 12:24
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi René

There currently is no way of changing the solution status.

You should not change the parameters directly on the macro. They should be changed when you insert the macro in the rich text editor. Which in this case has already been inserted on the contact page.

You can change the values by clicking the macro and then click the "insert macro" icon that should be highlighted once you click the macro in the rte field. Now you can give the parameters some other values.

Also make sure that the SMTP settings in the web.config are setup correctly.

Hope this helps.

/Jan

Sep 15, 2012 @ 12:34
    René Hansen

Hi Jan.

thanks a lot, that was what i was missing.

I was looking in all the code instead of the soloution right in front of me. :)

If there is anyway you can put the "solved" on your anwers i would appreciate that.
    It will help others find the soloution quicker. (and give you the karma you deserve)

Have a nice weekend.

Sep 15, 2012 @ 13:20
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi René

I'm just happy that you got your issue solved - Unfortunately I can't change the solution marked but hopefully others who come across this skim the post enough to figure out where the correct answer is :)

Nice weekend to you too.

/Jan

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft