Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Emmanuel 7 posts 27 karma points
    Sep 19, 2012 @ 12:20
    Emmanuel

Does Umbraco got "news article manager"?

What am trying to mean is that if theres some thing like a module that I can install in Umbraco, to manage news in my website. I dont want creating many pages for different news it would not be tidy in my content panel. I thougth I could create one content page then the articles would be changing on that page. Thank you  

• Tom Fulton 2030 posts 4998 karma points c-trib
    Sep 19, 2012 @ 17:55
    Tom Fulton

Hi,

I don't know of any pre-built plugins, but its very easy to create a News system using doctypes, macros, and templates.  If you like you can have a look at the Business Site Starter Kit (available as an option during the Umbraco installation, or installable through Developer -> Packages) - this has a News area built in.  You can also check out the Creative Website Starter (CWS) for good examples.

Basically you would create a Document Type for your "News Area" and a document type for a "News Article" that can be created beneath it.  If you're worried about having a lot of articles and the tree becoming very long, you can use a package like DateFolders to automatically organize them into folders by date to make them a bit more manageable.

Let us know if you have questions once you get started!

-Tom

• Emmanuel 7 posts 27 karma points
    Sep 23, 2012 @ 23:29
    Emmanuel

Thank you, Am already trying it your way. Just one thing, How can I make it such that the paerson reading the news can also search previous or old news articles,

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft