Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• David 3 posts 23 karma points
    Sep 20, 2012 @ 16:31
    David

Document Managment Module in Umbraco

Hi ,

Over the past couple of days ive been having a play with Umbraco, I like it loads, from the elegant layout to  how much control you have with the code and markup, its pretty awesome.

I do have one question though a site im currently working on in dotnentnuke has a Document Managment Module and I was wondering if Umbraco has anything simliar? Something that allows the web editor to upload and sort documents into folders allowing anyone browsing the site to search and download the docs?

I know theres the media section but thats not excatly what im looking for. Im looking something like this 3rd party module offered in DNN http://www.bring2mind.net/DocumentExchange.aspx. A light version of this, does Umbraco have anything like this from 3rd parties or themselves?

Thanks

Dave

• Tom Fulton 2030 posts 4998 karma points c-trib
    Sep 20, 2012 @ 16:42
    Tom Fulton

Hi Dave,

Glad you're getting along with Umbraco!  There's a package called Document Centre which probably will do most of what you need.  Barring that you could also roll your own using the media library and some Razor/XSLT macros.  If you're looking for some more nice features you could have a look at integrating FileVista, might require some coding though.

Hope this helps,
    Tom 

• Ismail Mayat 4511 posts 10090 karma points MVP 2x admin c-trib
    Sep 21, 2012 @ 09:35
    Ismail Mayat

David,

If you want full on Digital asset managment with document management you could take a look at http://www.galleryserverpro.com/ its .net so with some coding it could be exposed into umbraco using custom trees and dashboard controls.  Its something I have always wanted to do but need a project ideally to do it on.

Regards

Ismail

• David 3 posts 23 karma points
    Sep 21, 2012 @ 10:06
    David

Thanks Tom, it looks pretty good however it doesnt have a search which my client will definately need

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft