Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• winnigram 5 posts 25 karma points
    Nov 07, 2012 @ 15:46
    winnigram

Media folder not showing sub-folders

Hi,

I'm a complete newbie to this.

I had a web design team put my website together and they gave me access to the admin side. I've sort of taught myself on the navigations, etc.

for some reason i can't seem to see the sub folders in the media folder. I create it, but it doesn't show. The content folder shows sub-folders and files, but not the media folder.

Please assist

• Martin 278 posts 662 karma points
    Nov 07, 2012 @ 16:02
    Martin

Hey, 

I would first try reloading nodes. Right click on the parent folder > Reload nodes.

I would also double check the media types to see if the specific media type can be created under the folder.

Settings > Media Types > Folder > Structure 

• Tom Fulton 2030 posts 4998 karma points c-trib
    Nov 07, 2012 @ 16:15
    Tom Fulton

Hi,

Can you also maybe provide a screenshot so we can better understand?

Are you not seeing anything below the root "Media" node?  Or are you seeing children but unable to expand them?  If you click on a node you can't expand, does the folder view show it has items in it?

-Tom

Nov 08, 2012 @ 12:19
    winnigram

Hi,

I tried to relaod notes, but nothing happened.

when i click on the media folder, there is no dropdowns. The content file doesnt have this problem though.

• Martin 278 posts 662 karma points
    Nov 08, 2012 @ 16:05
    Martin

Whats your User Permissions like?

I see from the Sections area, that you only have access to Content and Media.

I would ask the web design team who put it togther to give you the admin log in or look at your permissions they have given you.

• Tom Fulton 2030 posts 4998 karma points c-trib
    Nov 08, 2012 @ 17:55
    Tom Fulton

Yeah, might want to check and make sure you're not assigned to an invalid start node or something along those lines.

This can also happen due to an error rendering the tree.  To check this, run an HTTP monitoring tool like Fiddler or the Network tab in Chrome's inspector, and see what response you get back from TreeDataService when you visit the Media section.  If the problem is here, you'll get a 500 error and it should return a helpful error message.

Nov 08, 2012 @ 20:42
    winnigram

Thanks Guys.

I'll get in contact with the team for this info.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft