This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Jerry 23 posts 73 karma points
    Jan 05, 2013 @ 22:58
    Jerry

Hi all,

i  am very new to umbraco, i look at the runway kit's master template, 

at the end it has 

<script type="text/C#" runat="server">

protected void Page_Load(object sender, EventArgs e)

{

umbraco.library.AddJquery();

umbraco.library.RegisterJavaScriptFile("jquery.placeholder.js", "/scripts/Designit_Green/jquery.placeholder.js");

umbraco.library.RegisterJavaScriptFile("Designit_Green.js", "/scripts/Designit_Green/Designit_Green.js");

}

</script>

i have no idea what is that for? i mean the placeholder.js, is that needed?

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 10x admin c-trib
    Jan 05, 2013 @ 23:45
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Jerry and welcome to our :)

What happens above is that some inline C# is being used to register/add jquery to the site and the two other scripts, jquery.placeholder and Designit_Green.js - I asume that the jquery.placeholder script is perhaps a fallback so old browsers like IE9 and below can have a nie placeholder effect, which is know comon i most modern browsers like chrome, firefox, safari and IE10.

I must admit that it seems a bit cumbersome to do it this way rather than simply just referencing the files using a <script> tag pointing either at the ressource online or on disk.

But perhaps this has to do with the concept of "Skinning" in Umbraco...I must admit that I don't know much about this part and I don't really think that many people have embraced this option. But it's great for starter kits and get people "going".

I hope the above explanation makes sense!

Have you worked with other CMS's before? And are you a backend or frontend developer?

Looking forward to hearing from you.

/Jan

• Jerry 23 posts 73 karma points
    Jan 06, 2013 @ 06:32
    Jerry

Hi Jan thank you for your help, i do use to use wordpress or bulid my own website with smarty, since technology change every day, so just try to catch up.

i see ...

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft