Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Athul Ks 7 posts 27 karma points
    Feb 15, 2013 @ 09:26
    Athul Ks

Creating Sub Domains in Umbraco

My website URL is like this www.mydomain.com. And this URL is bound to my Home Node.Now I have a sub node named "test" .I want the url of this node to be like www.test.mydomain.com.Is it possible?

• Jeroen Breuer 4908 posts 12265 karma points MVP 4x admin c-trib
    Feb 15, 2013 @ 17:59
    Jeroen Breuer

Yes that should be possible. Just add that sub domain when you manage host names.

Jeroen

• Paul Blair 466 posts 731 karma points
    Feb 17, 2013 @ 00:06
    Paul Blair

Hi,

My understanding of it is mydomain.com is your domain, of which www is classed as a subdomain. Therefore having www.test.mydomain.com means you have a sub-domain (test) and sub-sub-domain (www). Although this is technically possible a more standard practise would be for your sub-domain to just be test.mydomain.com.

As Jeroen has stated you will need to add the sub-domain to host names is Umbraco (right click on the sub-domain node).

There are likely other settings required. If you are running IIS you should add the sub-domain to the bindings for your site (especially if there are more than 1 websites on your server). If you are using a shared hosting provider you will likely need to create the sub-domain there as well and point it to your website.

Cheers

Paul

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft