Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• iku 41 posts 70 karma points
    Feb 25, 2013 @ 12:16
    iku

ImageGen and Umbraco 6

Hi,

I installed ImageGen on a Umbraco 6 platform. Now it crashed and I can't reach my site nor the backend.

I deleted the the ImageGen .dll and other resources but my site is still not reachable? HELP.

best regards

• Rich Green 2246 posts 4008 karma points
    Feb 25, 2013 @ 12:22
    Rich Green

Hey,

I'm not sure why/how ImageGen could ever make this happen.

However if you're sure it's the reason then when you 'delete other resources' you will also have to remove references to 'ImageGen' in the web.config file.

Rich

Feb 25, 2013 @ 12:26
    iku

Hi,

I did this. I found 4 entries and deleted them. I guess there still is a web.config problem?

iku

Feb 25, 2013 @ 12:27
    Rich Green

What error are you getting, I'm not sure what you mean that the site is unreachable?

Feb 25, 2013 @ 12:32
    iku

500 - Internal server error.

There is a problem with the resource you are looking for, and it cannot be displayed.

Feb 25, 2013 @ 12:35
    iku

I copied the web.config to xmlSpy to investigate. It is valid. But I'm not sure all about, since I installed the package? It is also curious that I can't login anymore to the backend? It seems not so stable??

Feb 25, 2013 @ 12:40
    Rich Green

Hi,

It's not that it's not stable, something is broken, as the site is not working the front and back end will not be accessable. 

I think you have a Web.Config or permissions error.

Rich

Feb 25, 2013 @ 12:48
    iku

I guess I need to talk to the hoster?

Feb 25, 2013 @ 13:29
    iku

Ok. I installed the package manually again -> description -> http://blog.percipientstudios.com/2012/2/1/how-to-imagegen-25-with-umbraco-5.aspx

Now it is like before. I wrote an email to my host provider. I will see if they got something with chmod or permissions. The backend of them is not so comfortable.

Feb 25, 2013 @ 13:29
    Rich Green

Personally I would ftp the site down to your local machine and try to get it working there, debugging on a shared host is going to be a nightmare.

Set up a clean Umbraco 6 project locally and then do some file comparisions.

Rich

Feb 25, 2013 @ 13:30
    Rich Green

You could set up a clean Umbraco 6 install and point the connection string to your current (not working) db, this should give you some clues.

Rich

Feb 25, 2013 @ 13:33
    Rich Green

Our replies crossed, glad you got it sorted.

Rich

• Damian Green 452 posts 1433 karma points
    Feb 25, 2013 @ 13:40
    Damian Green

I also had this before and its where the install puts a duplicate entry in the web.config so download the web.config and check for this if it happens. Cant rememeber the section though - maybe one of the handlers.

Feb 25, 2013 @ 13:40
    iku

Hi,

Yes, this would be a way. I'm really new to it and worked with other cms before. What keeps me wonder is how I should develop my site. It is recommended to use a CE database. Should I work locally with that one? If I wanted to save the remote site locally it seems like that something doesn't work with downloading. Some database failure came up.

I guess it is better to have a database dump and with ftp a filesystem backup?

regards

Feb 25, 2013 @ 13:41
    iku

entries crossing....

• savantKing99 70 posts 120 karma points
    May 18, 2013 @ 19:59
    savantKing99

I also installed ImageGen first ofcourse on local and the backend and frontend crashed , but I had a backup so copiied and old config file back and now it works again.

• Jamie 35 posts 87 karma points
    Sep 23, 2013 @ 10:52
    Jamie

I also just had this issue ( I could not find the imagen.ashx file and figured I would justy run the uninstaller from the Developer section and reinstall) the webconfig had duplicate entires for the imagen location - I reduced each to just the single entry and it was working fine - and the imagen ashx file was where it usually is too. Thanks above for poiting out this possibility as I had tried hand reinstalling and permissions prior to seeing this thread.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft