Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Igor Baldacci 2 posts 22 karma points
    Feb 28, 2013 @ 00:49
    Igor Baldacci

Link to document does not work

Hi all, I'm new to umbraco so pleasure.

I have succesfully installed umbraco 6.0 to a windows server 2008 on my virtual machine. I can login into the cms, install the starter kits, create document type, content and so on, publish my test page but I can't see nothing !

I follow the link showed in the "Link to document" of the content created but my browser show the page not found error.

For example, my nodes structure is:

Content

. Testpage01

- Testpage02

The "Link to document" of the Testpage01 node is: http://172.31.28.56/umbraco/testpage01.aspx, I click on this link but the not found page error appares!

What I need to check to solve my problem? I need to better define the content of my structure web site or I have to check some IIS configuration (or permissions)?

Thank you for your kinde of help.

Igor

• Jeroen Breuer 4908 posts 12265 karma points MVP 4x admin c-trib
    Feb 28, 2013 @ 12:25
    Jeroen Breuer

The Umbraco name is a reserved path (see the web.config). When you run your website does it always have /umbraco/ in all url's? You should change the virtual path if you run the website from Visual Studio to /.

Jeroen

• Igor Baldacci 2 posts 22 karma points
    Feb 28, 2013 @ 20:35
    Igor Baldacci

Hi thank you for your replay.

Yes, when I run my web site it has the "/umbraco/" string in the path! Is it a good or a bed think?

I don't understand how to change the virtual path with VS, sorry.

Just another note: I have installed umbraco in IIS not in a new site but under the defaul web site as a virtual directory. Mybe it should be the problem?

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft