Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Beginner 28 posts 78 karma points
    Jun 10, 2013 @ 20:30
    Beginner

Contact form project runway

Hi everyone.I spent some hours with the contact form in project runway, but can not get i to work.I Have added this to the web.config. Off course with my own gmail login.<system.net>    <mailSettings><smtp from="[email protected]"><network host="smtp.gmail.com" port="587" userName="[email protected]" password="xxxxxxxx" /></smtp></mailSettings></system.net>It also says that(This contact form sends email to the addresse configured on the macro itself, edit the page in umbraco to change the addresse), but I can not find where to change that in the macro?Does anyone have any ideas to get all this to work??

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 10x admin c-trib
    Jun 10, 2013 @ 22:57
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Beginner

I'm asuming you're using a newer version of Umbraco so I'm wondering if there perhaps is some usefull information about the issue in the /app_data/logs/ folder?

Looking forward to hearing from you.

/Jan

• Beginner 28 posts 78 karma points
    Jun 11, 2013 @ 10:36
    Beginner

i Jan

I looked in the log and found this. I am  not quite sure how to understand it, but I guess that there is no receiver email??

System.Net.Mail.SmtpException: The SMTP server requires a secure connection or the client was not authenticated. The server response was: 5.7.0 Must issue a STARTTLS command first. da16sm4349214bkb.2 - gsmtp

ved System.Net.Mail.MailCommand.CheckResponse(SmtpStatusCode statusCode, String response)

ved System.Net.Mail.MailCommand.Send(SmtpConnection conn, Byte[] command, MailAddress from, Boolean allowUnicode)

ved System.Net.Mail.SmtpTransport.SendMail(MailAddress sender, MailAddressCollection recipients, String deliveryNotify, Boolean allowUnicode, SmtpFailedRecipientException& exception)

ved System.Net.Mail.SmtpClient.Send(MailMessage message)

ved umbraco.library.SendMail(String FromMail, String ToMail, String Subject, String Body, Boolean IsHtml)

2013-06-10 20:52:53,215 [22] ERROR umbraco.library - [Thread 15] umbraco.library.SendMail: Error sending mail.

System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

ved umbraco.library.SendMail(String FromMail, String ToMail, String Subject, String Body, Boolean IsHtml)

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft