Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• radmanmm 117 posts 108 karma points
    Sep 29, 2009 @ 17:30
    radmanmm

Lucene search for Umbraco 4

Hello All,

Is there a lucene search package for umbraco 4 that works like the original umbSearch in the umbraco extensions?  I have tried the umbraco search 2 package which is suppose to be v.2 of the umbSearch, however it is not the same.  It uses a .net User control instead of a plain macro.  This is a problem for me for a couple of reasons.  First the only way I can think to modify its appearance is by pulling down the source and re-compiling it and second is I need to display the search conditionally and since it is a .net based macro, I cannot call it from within another macro.

Any help or ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

• Ismail Mayat 4511 posts 10090 karma points MVP 2x admin c-trib
    Sep 30, 2009 @ 08:10
    Ismail Mayat

radmanmm,

The original umbSearch was also .net macro based although you could style the results using xslt unless you are confusing it with xslt search which is purely xslt based macro? I have a v4 version of the search i extended which is based on umbSearch but also does media indexing if you want it drop me a mail.

Regards

Ismail

• Kenneth Solberg 227 posts 418 karma points
    Sep 30, 2009 @ 09:01
    Kenneth Solberg

I recommend checking out Umbraco Examine: http://farmcode.org/post/2009/04/20/Umbraco-Examine-v4x-Powerful-Umbraco-Indexing.aspx

Umbraco Examine will replace the existing Umbraco Lucene index in v4.1 which is scheduled for release later this year.

Cheers!

Kenny

• radmanmm 117 posts 108 karma points
    Oct 01, 2009 @ 04:35
    radmanmm

Ah Ismail, maybe it was .net too, I remember actually creating my own search form and posting to the page that contained the LuceneSearch macro.  That search form I had in a macro, so that is why I was thinking it was xslt.  Can I do the same technique with the umbraco Search2?  basically I need to create something like:

<form action="/search.aspx" method="get">
      <input type="text" id="Search" name="Search" value="" size="18" maxlength="1024"/>
      <input type="submit" id="Form Submit" name="Form Submit" value="Go"/>
    </form>

and on the search page have the search or search result macro that displays the results?

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft