Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• sd75 31 posts 144 karma points
    Aug 23, 2013 @ 16:54
    sd75

Multiple Share button help

Does anyone know of a way to create a share button (for say twitter or facebook or both) for multiple elements on a page rather than the page itself ie say I had 5 elements of content on the same page and wanted to allow a user to share each (any or all) of the seperate content elements on twitter/facebook.

I know you can use twitter to generate code for specific buttons however this generates scripting code that is stripped out of the umbraco rich text editor. 

It would be really useful if the solution would allow for pre-formatting of text so that the user's tweet is already written for them when they sign in at the twitter end.

I know there are lots of solutions for sharing a page but not multiple individual elements on a page.

Thanks in advance

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 10x admin c-trib
    Aug 24, 2013 @ 15:47
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi sd75

If you're copy pasting the code into the rich text editor it's being stripped by tidy - however tidy is disabled by default in since Umbraco 4.10 was released but in versions before that it's enabled by default.

You can disbale tidy by going to the umbracoSettings.config file in the config folder and set the value for tidy to false (Just search for tidy in the file, can't remember the exact name).

Then you can have all sorts of code in your rich text field without having bad markup removed on publish. I don't like the idea of using the rich text editor for placing code since it's really just intended for text.

But I suppose that it can in some rare scenarios make sense.

Hope this makes sense.

/Jan

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft