Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Thomas Schremser 2 posts 32 karma points
    Oct 18, 2013 @ 22:46
    Thomas Schremser

Can't install ImageGen

Hi everyone!

Being a total noob in web programming I'm trying to teach myself Umbraco. I set up a Windows Server 2008R2 with IIS 7 and Umbraco 6.1.5. Now I want to create a little image gallery with it and tried to install ImageGen for this. Unfortunately I'm getting the following error:

The file '/Umbraco6/usercontrols/ImageGenInstaller.ascx' does not exist.

This happens when I try to install via the Umbraco Package Repository as well when I try a local install.

What am I doing wrong?

TIA

Greetings
    Thomas

• Douglas Robar 3570 posts 4711 karma points MVP ∞ admin c-trib
    Oct 21, 2013 @ 12:44
    Douglas Robar

Hi, Thomas,

I can't imagine what's wrong. If you're getting an error about the .ascx that means Umbraco is reading the package manifest file in the zip and, as its last step, is attempting to run the ImageGenInstaller.ascx which should have been written to the site's ~/umbraco/usercontrols/ folder. It is interesting that you get an error about /umbraco6/usercontrols. Did you perhaps compile Umbraco yourself rather than using the pre-build binaries? Or have you tried to change the name of the /umbraco folder to something else?

In any case, you can follow the manual installation instructions in the PDF documentation for ImageGen. The .ascx is only attempting to update the web.config file with a reference to the /config/imagegen.config file and you can make those changes manually.

What you'll end up with is 3 files:
    ~/imagegen.ashx
    ~/bin/imagegen.dll
    ~/config/imagegen.config

And two entries in the web.config file to reference imagegen properly.

cheers,
    doug.

• Thomas Schremser 2 posts 32 karma points
    Oct 22, 2013 @ 22:43
    Thomas Schremser

Hi Doug!

Thank you for your reply.

I didn't compile Umbraco but installed it manually as decribed at http://our.umbraco.org/documentation/Installation/install-umbraco-manually
    perhaps I did somthing wrong there. However, the manual installation of ImageGen you suggested did work.

Greetings
    Thomas

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft