Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Roger Hughes 55 posts 88 karma points
    Oct 14, 2009 @ 12:27
    Roger Hughes

Custom validation on AutoForm

Hi all,

Ok, here we go...

I have a masterpage with a custom asp:textbox and asp:button for searching my Umbraco site. This obviously appears on each page.
    This all works just fine and for good measure I have it in a validation group.

Now heres the issue...

I have used AutoForm for a front end user to post testimonials to the admin area. Now, the form wont fire unless a value in my search box is entered.
    So, I figure I need to give that form a validation group. So I go into the user control to find the code behind for the autoform. Simple right?

Wrong!

There is no code behind because its all in the utilities.dll

Is there any way of giving the autoform custom validation so that I can have more than one form on a page?

many thanks!

Rog

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 10x admin c-trib
    Oct 14, 2009 @ 18:19
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Roger

If you dissasembled the utilities.dll would'nt you then be able to achieve your goal by grabbing the code, modify it and then recompile it into a modified utilities.dll?

/Jan

• Roger Hughes 55 posts 88 karma points
    Oct 15, 2009 @ 09:30
    Roger Hughes

Hi Jan,

Yes this would would in theory but I figured there may be an easier way than decompiling the dll. I am having an issue with the doc2form so I may have to do this.

Thanks

Rog

• Jacob Jensen 29 posts 49 karma points
    Oct 15, 2009 @ 10:35
    Jacob Jensen

Hi.

Try disabling the validators in you master page, and fire the javascript events manually

http://codeclimber.net.nz/archive/2008/05/14/how-to-manage-asp.net-validation-from-javascript-with-jquery.aspx

/Jacob

• Masood Afzal 176 posts 522 karma points
    Oct 15, 2009 @ 11:21
    Masood Afzal

Have you tried setting validator group in your master page for 'Search' text box and submit button?

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft