Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Axel 68 posts 96 karma points
    Mar 23, 2014 @ 20:50
    Axel

Runway News Library add Content

Hi, i just ( i hope i done it well) add the Runway News Library to the Masterpage
        <umbraco:Macro Alias="RunwayNewsLibrary" runat="server" />

When i run the Sample Page i got
     No news items to display

I how can  user's (who should edit the Content ) add News ?

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 10x admin c-trib
    Mar 23, 2014 @ 20:54
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Axel

What version of Umbraco did you install? Asking because it's essential in terms of how to solve your issue. If it's v7 for instance then this skin/theme won't work anymore.

/Jan

Mar 23, 2014 @ 21:15
    Axel

Hi jan, i mean i have

v6.1.6

I got it from here
    http://our.umbraco.org/download

Mar 23, 2014 @ 21:21
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Axel

Ok, then it's outdated as well I think since it was done for the early days of Umbraco 4 and a lot changed under the hood with releases of 4.10+.

I Suggest you have a look at the standard mvc package instead, which should get you going.

Hope this helps.

/Jan

Mar 23, 2014 @ 21:32
    Axel

Ok, thanks for your reply.
    Is it without problems update to
    v7.0.4
    because of
    ..Web Platform Installer or WebMatrix
    installs only the V6 Version.

Mar 23, 2014 @ 21:40
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Axel

If you have not done too much work on your current installation then I think you might benefit from simply starting from scratch.

What is your purpose with installing Umbraco? Is it to get to know it or do you need to base a project on it for a client or? If you're just getting your feet wet then I think you should download and install version 7.1RC even though it's not a final release.

Click on the link to the right of the 7.1.0 beta link to get 7.1 RC.

When you have downloaded and unzipped the content of the package (remember to unblock the zip file if you're using the built in zip tool in windows) then right click the folder and choose to run it using webmatrix from the context menu.

Then the new installer will appear and you will have a lovely skinned install that works out of the box.

Hope this helps.

/Jan

Mar 23, 2014 @ 21:41
    Jan Skovgaard

Forgot to mention that for some reason the feed in web platform installer and webmatrix are not updated at the time of new Umbraco releases unfortunately. I'm not sure why but I guess it's something to do with Microsoft...

/Jan

Mar 24, 2014 @ 09:17
    Axel

Hi Jan,
    >What is your purpose with installing Umbraco? Is it to get to know it or do you need to base a project on it for a client or? If you're just getting your feet wet then I >think you should download and install version 7.1RC even though it's not a final release.

We would convert our intranet (complete self programmed with asp.net,sql server ) to umbraco. i hope it will work,i think there will be many questions next time
    Best regards martin

Mar 24, 2014 @ 10:27
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Axel

Ok, so you're currently getting your feet wet. Then please try Umbraco 7 and let us know if there is anything you have questions about :)

Happy umbracoing!

/Jan

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft