• Alex Slabukh 17 posts 77 karma points
    Mar 24, 2014 @ 18:09
    Alex Slabukh

Could not find property after adding it to document type

Hey everyone, good morning! 

I'm created new property in tab generic properties of document type

And save changes.

In scripting files I am trying to get value from new property like:
    var externalUrl = menuItem.GetPropertyValueOrName<BasePage>(p => p.externalUrl);

And I have some exception (looks like property was not added). But in content section, in pages - property exists. When I trying to save new line of code
    var externalUrl = menuItem.GetPropertyValueOrName<BasePage>(p => p.externalUrl);
    in script I have error:  

'DocumentTypes.BasePage' does not contain a definition for 'ExternalUrl' and no extension method 'ExternalUrl' accepting a first argument of type 'DocumentTypes.BasePage' could be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 10x admin c-trib
    Mar 24, 2014 @ 18:18
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi ansi_str

What version of Umbraco are you using? Runway may not be supported in the version you're using if it's 4.11.x or greater.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

/Jan

Mar 24, 2014 @ 18:21
    Alex Slabukh

Hi, Jan

I'm using umbraco v 4.11.6 (Assembly version: 1.0.4834.19775 )

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 10x admin c-trib
    Mar 24, 2014 @ 18:32
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Ansi

Ok, then I'm afraid the runway package does not work anymore since a lot has happened under the hood since that package was created.

Is there any specific reason why you're using that version?

Otherwise I'll recommend that you have a look at the Standard website MVC package instead. Make sure you download the correct version for 4.11, which is version 1.1.

/Jan

Mar 25, 2014 @ 04:12
    Alex Slabukh

We have this version of umbraco historically on staging and production servers.

I'm trying add external link in the top menu
    Menu generated in razor script by reading existing property of document type. I thinking, that can add new property inside current document type and get it value in razor code. Jan, after yours comment i understood that it's impossible for current version of umbraco.Thanks.

But, how can I  add external url?

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft