Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Biagio Paruolo 1594 posts 1825 karma points c-trib
    May 28, 2014 @ 14:53
    Biagio Paruolo

UBlogsy: Is still an active module or not?

Is UBlogsy still an active module or not? Do Anthony Dang work on it?

I see that the developping and bug fixing is stopped from last year. A lot of users signal bugs but without any replies.

Which is a similar and active blog module project if UBlogsy is a stopped project ( fortunately there are the sources )?

Thank you

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 10x admin c-trib
    May 28, 2014 @ 15:16
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Biagio

As far as I know the uBlogsy package is made by Anthony.

However that does not mean that he will always support it since he or any other developer for that matter can end up abandoning the package for at number of reasons. It could be that he changed job where he did not work with Umbraco every day, that he lost interest for some reason etc. etc.

It happens once in a while and it's frustrating for those using the package - Especially if it's a very popular package that many people are using. But keep in mind that the package developer is doing it for free most of the time and it can be hard and time consuming to maintain a package when you got a full time job, family etc. in between.

I can be hard to keep up with the release cycle of Umbraco and be aware of breaking changes and so on - That's why it's always a good idea to open source the package so others can contribute by fixing the issues they experience or have the opportunity to fork the package and fix it for themselves.

I know that not anyone can do that as well but then perhaps they know other people who can help them doing that. And perhaps that's the case with this project.

I hope that Anthony is still an active member of the community since he is skilled and funny but now that you wrote this post it is actually a long time since I've seen him being active in here. Hopefully he will return soonish :)

Cheers, Jan

• Biagio Paruolo 1594 posts 1825 karma points c-trib
    May 28, 2014 @ 15:46
    Biagio Paruolo

Thank you for your time and long reply.

I'm agree with you and in my post I wrote among parentesis: "fortunately there are the sources"...

UBlogys is used a lot, and some users like me, to build on top some sites, but now we have the problems that this package is buggy ( see the support requests ) and not compliant for U6.2 or 7.x .

I think that need a fork of it, but this is a time consuming steps especially when we need to upgrade to new Umbraco versions or resolve the bugs.

I can be available to mantaint the package, but with a lower priority respect other projects.

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 10x admin c-trib
    May 28, 2014 @ 17:09
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Biagio

You're welcome :)

Well I think it would be nice if the source code was put on Github rather than in compressed files - But for some reason it's not. But hope that Anthony returns to the forums soon - I know that does not solve your current issues though.

But if you manage to figure them out sharing in a forum post might be helpful so others can pick it up and Anthony perhaps can just grab the changes from the post in the future?

/Jan

• Anthony Dang 1404 posts 2558 karma points MVP 3x c-trib
    Jun 03, 2014 @ 11:05
    Anthony Dang

Hi

uBlogsy is still an active project... albeit, slow lately, since I have a lot of commitments right now. I don't really have time to go through the forums these days, but if you ping me on twitter (@anthonydotnet) or email ([email protected]) I'll do my best to help.

Anthony

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft