Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Sam 11 posts 31 karma points
    Nov 24, 2009 @ 20:10
    Sam

Hi guys,

is the paclkage driving http://our.umbraco.org/wiki available for download or use? I am looking for wiki style package and have not come across anything good for Umbraco.

any advise is appreciated :-)

Sam

• Dirk De Grave 4541 posts 6021 karma points MVP 3x admin c-trib
    Nov 24, 2009 @ 23:41
    Dirk De Grave

Hi Sam,

AFAIK, the wiki has not been released as a package. I've seen some efforts by Peter Dijksterhuis, but not sure if that one has made it into a nice little package.

Cheers,

/Dirk

• Eric Falsken 1 post 21 karma points
    Dec 07, 2010 @ 00:33
    Eric Falsken

Does that mean that this site is in fact based on Umbraco? I'm new to Umbraco and I like this site. If true, it's great example of the flexibility of the Umbraco system. Is this true? Is this wiki system still unreleased?

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 10x admin c-trib
    Dec 18, 2010 @ 18:12
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Eric

Yes this site is based on Umbraco. And Umbraco is the most flexible CMS that I have yet encountered...it provides you with many options and use cases.

I don't think that there has yet been released a Wiki package.

/Jan

• Glenn 3 posts 24 karma points
    Feb 23, 2011 @ 10:29
    Glenn

has there been any progress on releasing a wiki package? This would be of great value - i'd even be happy to pay a little for the package

Feb 26, 2011 @ 08:58
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Glenn

I don't think there has been made a wiki packages yet unfortunately.

/Jan

• John C Scott 473 posts 1183 karma points
    Apr 04, 2011 @ 16:53
    John C Scott

I really need this now too.

Is there anything I can do to help implement a Wiki package?

Apr 05, 2011 @ 22:12
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi John

Do you mean if there is something in the works somewhere, which you can collaborate on? Or do you need input to what the wiki should be able to handle?

/Jan

• Jacob 39 posts 88 karma points
    Mar 19, 2012 @ 14:44
    Jacob

Sorry, for posting in such an old thread, but im looking for a wiki package for Umbraco, any new about this one? or can anyone point me to 1?

• Corey Sherman 55 posts 127 karma points
    Aug 02, 2012 @ 20:21
    Corey Sherman

I would be interested to know more about this as well.  

I was trying not to go gravedigging, but I did manage find in an old thread that Peter D was working on something with WikiPlex, but the blog post that was referenced in that thread no longer exists.  I might be able to do something myself soon here, schedule permitting, but I don't want to reinvent the wheel.

• Dima Stefantsov 100 posts 225 karma points
    May 04, 2013 @ 17:45
    Dima Stefantsov

Any news? Would like to have this wiki package for my umbraco site. It was promised for years to release it, if I'm not wrong.

May 09, 2013 @ 11:08
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Dima

No one has promised to create such a package as far as I know. And besides keep in mind this is open source development so you can't really expect to have a polished product as an outcome. Maybe the idea was not good enough maybe it was too much effort etc. - There can be many reasons why this package never happened.

Instead of waiting people could start to collaborate to make this package happen if there really is a good use case for it and if many people can see the value. Then I'd say go for it. Collaborate and create, give something back to the community and earn yourself some karma or even money if you choose to go commercial with the package. But keep in mind that no one can promsie anything when it comes to a 3rd party package idea. Sometimes the intentions are there but then life happens and the guy behind the idea needs to prioritize making a living rather than spending free time doing a package.

Feel free to start the project if it's something that is highly needed and something you would love to share with all the other umbracians :)

Cheers,
    Jan 

• Dima Stefantsov 100 posts 225 karma points
    May 09, 2013 @ 11:31
    Dima Stefantsov

>>keep in mind this is open source development so you can't really expect
    I can expect to see the open sources of "open source development"? I mean, sources of the wiki part we are talking about.

To be honest, I'm not in a mood to reinvent the wheel right now. I just want to use the product  to generate some html pages. Implementing every thing myself would slow me down too much on my "prototyping" / "testing" phase. I'm just sad to see http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/search.php?page=2&q=wiki, and 0 results for Umbraco.
    And I thought about rolling wiki package myself; writing a good modern one would take way too much time; and monetizing options for an Umbraco Wiki addon doesn't seem huge. Embedding some existing .net wiki would be a good option. A tikiwiki, or a roadkill wiki (mvc). 

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft