Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Calvin Frei 106 posts 314 karma points
    Dec 02, 2009 @ 11:28
    Calvin Frei

E-Commerce for Umbraco

Hello,

I search an E-Commerce project for Umbraco. I used google to find projets, but they are offline or not continue. Do you know any Commerce project that I can insert in an installed Umbraco or how did you solve this to make a store for Umbraco?

Calvin

• Richard Soeteman 4035 posts 12842 karma points MVP
    Dec 02, 2009 @ 11:44
    Richard Soeteman

Hi Calvin,

Open source you can try Commerce4Umbraco, Commercial you can use Ucommerce

Cheers,

Richard

• Dan 1285 posts 3917 karma points c-trib
    Dec 02, 2009 @ 12:04
    Dan

Just to add, the demo for Commerce4Umbraco is down at the moment.  They're updating the package and should have a new version around May 2010 apparently.  UCommerce looks awesome but it's really expensive for small scale projects (I'm sure it's worth it, but sometimes clients just don't have that kind of cash to spend when they can get the likes of Magento on other platforms for free).

• Roel Snetselaar 151 posts 305 karma points
    Dec 02, 2009 @ 14:58
    Roel Snetselaar

You could also contact Arnold Visser from Aim24 --> http://www.supersimplewebshop.com/

http://www.twitter.com/aim24

• Arnold Visser 418 posts 778 karma points hq c-trib
    Dec 02, 2009 @ 15:25
    Arnold Visser

Thank you Roel!

We are indeed working on our SuperSimpleWebshop package. We're not yet ready to package it up, but will be ready within a few weeks with version 1.0.

It's build for smaller scale projects, not as advanced as uCommerce. It will have a price tag, but it will not be anywhere near uCommerce price.

We're already working on implementing it on two small scale bakery webshops and they are very satisfied with the easy of use.

If you can tell a bit more about what kind of shop it will be, we could help you in the right direction!

• Laurence Gillian 600 posts 1219 karma points
    Dec 02, 2009 @ 19:08
    Laurence Gillian

Hi Arnold,

When you've got something up, I'd be very interested to look at your project.

I'm building a very simple shop system myself over the weekend for a little project (which shall be blogged).

Be interesting to see another approach :)

I love Umbraco! 

• Dan 1285 posts 3917 karma points c-trib
    Dec 02, 2009 @ 22:28
    Dan

@Arnold, will your package handle subscriptions?  What payment gateways are supported?

Thanks!

• anthony hall 222 posts 536 karma points
    Dec 02, 2009 @ 22:49
    anthony hall

i recently put together quite a large e-commerce website. I used Dash Commerce C# library ( based a little on commerce for umbraco)  but changed it to store products as umbraco nodes. So basically all info related to the product was stored in umbraco and all other info such as order + orderitems was stored in custom tables. Recently the client want to add a few complicated specification to the product. It was at this that i was really gratefully that products were stored in umbraco which is so extensible. 

• jaygreasley 416 posts 403 karma points
    Dec 03, 2009 @ 09:14
    jaygreasley

A simple shop could consist of a separate products database table, use Contour to manage theses and xslt extensions to provide the catalogue. use your bank api or a simple payment gateway. The good thing about Umbraco is that you can develop the solution your client requires, you're not stuck with one way of doing it.

• Bijesh Tank 192 posts 420 karma points
    Dec 03, 2009 @ 16:42
    Bijesh Tank

If you like, you can have a look at http://www.bindiboutique.com - site bulit using Commerce4Umbraco beta.

• Lee 1130 posts 3088 karma points
    Jan 22, 2010 @ 07:19
    Lee

Interesting...  Bijesh I'd like to know how you found working with c4u?  Did it have most of your needs, how much did you have to customise it?

• Arnold Visser 418 posts 778 karma points hq c-trib
    Jan 22, 2010 @ 07:32
    Arnold Visser

Our SuperSimpleWebshop product got a bit delayed because of other work. We are working hard on a demo store, which, although not finalized, can be visited, if you're interesed.

Please contact me @ twitter (http://www.twitter.com/aim24) or E-Mail ([email protected]) if you want more to have a first look...

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft