Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Garry Bain 149 posts 124 karma points
    Dec 15, 2009 @ 15:06
    Garry Bain

Member package in v4

Hi everyone,

I recently watched the Umbraco member package video tutorial on umbraco.tv - it was very helpful in getting me set up, but I have a number of issues once I installed it and need some guidance in how to extend this functionality. Sadly I have no skills in .net but I am willing to learn.

I want to extend the registration form to include fields like "First Name", "Last Name" and also have a option to select "I agree to the terms and conditions" (I will link the terms and conditions on this form). I notice I can edit these values in "umbRegister.ascx" but I'm unsure how these would display in the back-end of Umbraco (Members -> Member Properties).

I also want members to have to wait for confirmation of their user account before they can sign and access the "protected" content. Once confirmed, users can log in and access content etc.

I also need the ability for users to be able to change their own password and details - as opposes to the password reminder functionality (which appears to be broke on v4 due to the hashing of passwords).

I know I've asked for a lot here but I'm after general guidance of where to go - or how to go about working towards this functionaltiy. Any help would be brilliant.

Thanks, Garry.

• Morten 15 posts 50 karma points
    Jan 13, 2010 @ 14:16
    Morten

Hey m8 had just the same problem last week! :)

Ended up making my own Usercontrol that workes like a CHARM with the system :) With First, last name, Password / Re-Type Password etc.

and its easily extended.

feel free to add me to MSN [email protected] and ill send u :)

• Horst Sterr 171 posts 133 karma points
    Jan 13, 2010 @ 19:20
    Horst Sterr

Hi Morten,

this sounds really good. Would be interested as well. Don't you mind publishing your control on the our.umbraco projects page?

thank you
    /horst

Jan 13, 2010 @ 21:00
    Morten

Sure i will :) have to develop it further... I will publish the control later....

Jan 13, 2010 @ 21:20
    Morten

http://our.umbraco.org/projects/membership-system <-- There the project is started.. i will upload it when i get further with it, hopefull this week.

Feel free to send me an email on [email protected] or add it to msn if u have any ideas to what u would like to see in the project.

• skiltz 501 posts 701 karma points
    Jan 13, 2010 @ 21:32
    skiltz

You could check out osMemberControls which I built, works fine with Umbraco 4. 

Jan 13, 2010 @ 22:00
    Morten

skiltz i will take a look on yours thx :) Maybe i dont need to build my own.. will see

• Vineet Kothari 32 posts 53 karma points
    Apr 16, 2010 @ 20:16
    Vineet Kothari

I tried osMemberControl but unfortunately the Member Profile & few other macros are not working. I tried to post the issues in the project forum but found no help :(

I will email you regarding your package Morten as I found nothing at http://our.umbraco.org/projects/membership-system and there was no source code to be downloaded.

Thanks

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft