Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Haris 15 posts 35 karma points
    Jan 08, 2015 @ 16:50
    Haris

Media picker inside a Grid

Hello people,

I've been trying to make the media picker available inside the new grid system. Unfortunately, until now I haven't been very successful. Mostly because I'm new to angular and generally extending the back office. Therefor I'm not able to make a more concrete question.

Also, I've been searching a lot through the forum and some blogs but haven't found a solution.

I would really appreciate it if you'd give me some guidance, or share your ideas on how would you do it, etc.

Greetings

• Dennis Aaen 4499 posts 18254 karma points admin hq c-trib
    Jan 08, 2015 @ 17:45
    Dennis Aaen

Hi hare,

If you have the possibility to see the new Fanoe starter kit that comes with Umbraco 7.2, in this stater kit you have the possibility to insert and image in the grid using the media picker.

See the screenshot above.

So an idea perhaps be setup and extra Umbraco installation, where you installing the new Fanoe stater kit, and then you can see and learn from this starter kit, on how can use media picker in the grid.

And try to see the documenation for the grid layout here: http://our.umbraco.org/documentation/using-umbraco/backoffice-overview/property-editors/built-in-property-editors-v7/grid-layout and the best practices for the grid layout as well http://our.umbraco.org/Documentation/Using-Umbraco/Backoffice-Overview/Property-Editors/Built-in-Property-Editors-v7/Grid-Layout-Best-Practices

Hope this helps,

/Dennis 

• Haris 15 posts 35 karma points
    Jan 09, 2015 @ 09:22
    Haris

Hey Dennis,

thanks for the quick reply and for your effort. I already installed the starter kit and I was playing around with the editors that came along but there are some unclarities. In the mentioned editor the image is stored in a custom table via a Web API which is great but the thing that confuses me, how does the grid stores the picked item? For example I want, inside a grid, to pick a folder from the media section and afterwards use it. Where should I store that information?

Also in the first link you posted states:

view the view defines the editor used to enter a value. By default Umbraco comes with a collection of prevalue editors:

textstring
    textarea
    radiobuttonlist
    mediapicker  // <-- couldn't find this one
    imagepicker
    boolean
    treepicker
    treesource
    number
    multivalues

Greetings

• Dennis Aaen 4499 posts 18254 karma points admin hq c-trib
    Jan 09, 2015 @ 11:31
    Dennis Aaen

Hi hare,

With the media picker you can pick an single image, multiple images, or a folder from the media section. If you pick an media folder, then you can loop though the items in the folder with Razor. An image or a folder is stored by an id.

Try to see this documentation about the media picker in Umbraco 7 http://our.umbraco.org/documentation/using-umbraco/backoffice-overview/property-editors/Built-in-Property-Editors-v7/Media-Picker

Hope this helps, and donĀ“t hesitate to ask again, and I will try to help you the best I can.

/Dennis

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft