Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• garlic_bread 5 posts 25 karma points
    Apr 02, 2015 @ 03:19
    garlic_bread

Cannot find .cs files but the website is working...

Hi There,

Just a simple quesion (maybe). Where can I find .cs files (code behind). 

Like the screenshot. left hand side is the directory of umbraco/members. In this folder, I only can see aspx or ascx files. Where can I find the .cs files? I already searched the whole website (files) but can not find EditMember.aspx.cs . If I change 'Codebehind="EditMember.aspx.cs"' to 'Codebehind="EditMemberrrrr.aspx.cs"', the site is still working. So 'Codebehind="EditMemberrrrr.aspx.cs' is just fake code? like useless? I think IIS should show error if that cs code missing? please correct me if I think something in a wrong way.

Thank you

Garlic Bread

• Sören Deger 733 posts 2844 karma points c-trib
    Apr 02, 2015 @ 05:02
    Sören Deger

Hi Garlic,

you can only find and open the .cs file (class) in the related complete visual studio project. If you haven't this project, you can't open the class. You can't readable simply this files in the file system. Classes are integrated during the build process in Visual Studio in a dll file.

Here you can find more informations about Web Forms Pages:

https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/65tcbxz3(v=vs.71).aspx

Best regards,

Sören

Apr 02, 2015 @ 05:09
    Sören Deger

If you need the cs file to change the source code of umbraco you can download here the complete umbraco source code solution:

https://github.com/umbraco/Umbraco-CMS

But in the most cases it's not required to change the source code. In the most cases there are different ways to implement your own changes in umbraco. 

Can you tell me why you want to change this file? Maybe I can even show you an easier way without need to changing the source code of Umbraco.

Best,

Sören

Apr 02, 2015 @ 05:48
    garlic_bread

Hi Soren,

Thanks for your reply.

The story is that I moved the website to a new server and on the new server, some have errors (system error). Like member page/content in admin panel. It shows system error. I tried to debug and found some cs files missing... so ask this question. I do not want to change source code. That's not a good practice I think~

Thank you,

GB

Apr 02, 2015 @ 05:53
    Sören Deger

Hi Garlic,

maybe some files are missing on the new server. Please have a look into your /bin folder. Are the same dll files on new and old server or you missing anything?

Best,

Sören

Apr 09, 2015 @ 03:17
    garlic_bread

Might be the reason.

Thank you so much

GB

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft